Need help, I'm really missing a girl I used to be in love with?

I was with this girl for three years and we were always together, we couldn't be separated. After three years, she left me for another guy. It hurt so much, and she even told me that I was the sweetest guy she ever met and I would be a great catch for anyone. I graduated, she still goes to high school, we are only a couple years apart. I haven't talked to her in about a year, but I just all of a sudden started thinking about her and I want to cry... I thought the pain would stop because I met someone new, but she just reminds me of the last girl. I don't think I have a chance with her anyway, and I don't know if I could be with her because she reminds me so much of the last girl. I need to get her out of my head, because there is no mending that relationship. I care about her a lot still, but I don't know how to let go...

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Let yourself be upset. You may have rushed yourself into moving on since she did so fast. It's okay to cry, it's okay to feel upset, it's okay to reminisce. But it's only okay to a certain extent. Crying one night isn't the end of the world, all you have to do is pick yourself up and work towards a positive tomorrow. I'm assuming she was your first love? Someone you imagined spending your life with? Another will come along. Only a lucky few marry their first loves, and trust me, you've learned a lot from being in love with her. But you will never fully be over her, and in order to heal you need to accept that. You will love many people throughout your life, and just because one is taken away from you, it doesn't mean that you can't go on. You're a strong person, and although she's no longer part of your life, you're allowed to love her, but not in the way you used to. Love what she taught you about life and love, love that she made you feel happy, love that you had the chance to love her. But also love that she gave you the opportunity to find love in other people as well. You will find love, don't rush it (you don't want a rebound). I hope you heal with time, and you will always carry her around in your memories, it's normal and it's okay.