Why is my ex ignoring me? Its been 1 and a half years!?

So me and my ex broke up a year and a half ago. We have had run in's before and talked and been just fine coexisting... but i hadn't seen him in a really long time. like 9 months, and we were both at this hollaween party where our mutual friends invited us to. (He is better friends with them and sees them more then i do because they are all boys and best friends) but regardless, they have been my friends since high school so i went to say hello to them.

I am 25. He is 27. I noticed at the party he disappeared and hid out and doesn't want to be around me, nor does he talk to me when I pass by. not even a hi. I am in a new relationship and have been for the past 8 months now, and I like my new boyfriend quite a bit. so i don't get where this treatment is coming from.

The only thing he said at this holloween party the other day to me is "oh hey, I haven't seen you in a really long time, nice to meet you" like a total douchebag thing to say... like cmon dude? you can't just say hey, good to see you or something? then he just disappears and doesn't say one word to me even when i pass RIGHT by him in the hallway. so weird.

I dont know if he just doesn't want to be around me, which i can't blame him because I dont want to be around him anyways... he's the one who broke my heart and cheated on me.

Why is he being like this? Any ideas?
I should mention he cheated on me in the beginning of our relationship but i forgave him because it was in the WAY beginning, he broke up with me like 10 months later saying "I am not in love or attracted to you anymore"
Also just wanted to mention, I AM VERY happy in my new relationship but he was my first boyfriend after my husband died so he will always hold a special place in my heart as the person i was able to move on with my life with, its hard not to have emotions after something like that. so anyone who asks why i care in the least bit how he treats me or whatever, this is why.

43

Most Helpful Guy

• In reality if you don't care or don't want to be around him anyways, and you have a new boyfriend who cares wtf he does, by even asking this question it shows that you have some latent emotions about him. He obviously is being a dick because he's jealous you have a new dude. Just try and avoid him from now on yo.

• True, I am happy in my new relationship but he was my first boyfriend after my husband died so he will always hold a special place in my heart as the person i was able to move on with my life with, its hard not to have emotions after something like that.

• Unfortunately that's the case with many exes that's a reason they're an ex. You shouldn't expect much from him. Don't pay him any mind either easy as that. You can't force him to grow up, you can't for him to be nice to you, and you can't force him to be friendly. If you don't want anything to do with him, him ignoring you or being whatever type of human being he wants to be shouldn't be something that's on your mind or be concerned with at all. You have a new life without him and he does as well.

• Thanks for the MH. I really hope the best for you!