Why is my ex ignoring me? Its been 1 and a half years!?

So me and my ex broke up a year and a half ago. We have had run in's before and talked and been just fine coexisting... but i hadn't seen him in a really long time. like 9 months, and we were both at this hollaween party where our mutual friends invited us to. (He is better friends with them and sees them more then i do because they are all boys and best friends) but regardless, they have been my friends since high school so i went to say hello to them.

I am 25. He is 27. I noticed at the party he disappeared and hid out and doesn't want to be around me, nor does he talk to me when I pass by. not even a hi. I am in a new relationship and have been for the past 8 months now, and I like my new boyfriend quite a bit. so i don't get where this treatment is coming from.

The only thing he said at this holloween party the other day to me is "oh hey, I haven't seen you in a really long time, nice to meet you" like a total douchebag thing to say... like cmon dude? you can't just say hey, good to see you or something? then he just disappears and doesn't say one word to me even when i pass RIGHT by him in the hallway. so weird.

I dont know if he just doesn't want to be around me, which i can't blame him because I dont want to be around him anyways... he's the one who broke my heart and cheated on me.

Why is he being like this? Any ideas?
Updates:
I should mention he cheated on me in the beginning of our relationship but i forgave him because it was in the WAY beginning, he broke up with me like 10 months later saying "I am not in love or attracted to you anymore"
Also just wanted to mention, I AM VERY happy in my new relationship but he was my first boyfriend after my husband died so he will always hold a special place in my heart as the person i was able to move on with my life with, its hard not to have emotions after something like that. so anyone who asks why i care in the least bit how he treats me or whatever, this is why.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In reality if you don't care or don't want to be around him anyways, and you have a new boyfriend who cares wtf he does, by even asking this question it shows that you have some latent emotions about him. He obviously is being a dick because he's jealous you have a new dude. Just try and avoid him from now on yo.

2|0
    0|0
    • True, I am happy in my new relationship but he was my first boyfriend after my husband died so he will always hold a special place in my heart as the person i was able to move on with my life with, its hard not to have emotions after something like that.

• Show All
    • Unfortunately that's the case with many exes that's a reason they're an ex. You shouldn't expect much from him. Don't pay him any mind either easy as that. You can't force him to grow up, you can't for him to be nice to you, and you can't force him to be friendly. If you don't want anything to do with him, him ignoring you or being whatever type of human being he wants to be shouldn't be something that's on your mind or be concerned with at all. You have a new life without him and he does as well.

• Thanks for the MH. I really hope the best for you!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• He probabaly just want to get over you or something

2|0
    0|0
  • Seriously, why do you care? He's your ex. Move on with your life with your new boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have, I am VERY happy in my new relationship and have moved on but he was my first boyfriend after my husband died so he will always hold a special place in my heart as the person i was able to move on with my life with after such a tragedy, its hard not to have emotions after something like that. It may not be attached to him as a person, but just everything our relationship was.

What Girls Said 4

• You said it all yourself, he will always hold a special place in your heart yet he told you he doesn't want to be with you anymore. That's the reason, you're just someone he used to know well, nothing more. If you were totally happy now and had no resounding issues with this guy you really wouldn't give a shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well he's you ex for a reason, if you have someone new dont pay any mind to your ex. He's acting like this to get under your skin and it worked. You say you don't care but you clearly do because you're bothered by this. It's also coincidence that he stopped talking to you 9 months ago and you've been in a relationship for 8. He probably doesn't want all the drama that can ensue from being friends with an ex and being in a relationship. You moved on so now let him move on. If he doesn't talk to you or ignores you, it is what it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • You've moved on, he's moved on. . . I think he didn't think it was a big deal, because it isn't a big deal, so you shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Did you expect him to jump for joy and want to hear everything he's missed in your life in the last months and shake your boyfriends hand? To top it off, he's the one who screwed you over, and you have a new boyfriend now. . . why do you care so much? I think I would focus on why his actions still bother you so much and work on that, instead of worrying about what he thinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably is trying to put a front that he is over you but really isn't like my ex who broke up with me from time will be like "look isn't that ur type of guys" put it this way my ex is 5 ft 3 slim and my past bfs which he seen were 6 ft 5 range and muscles.. but when I've told him b4 ima leave he tells me not to.. so I don't know about him at times.. only that guys dnt like to show their emotion so they try to do the opposite

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes