How to get over a break up quick?

I need to get over my ex. He broke up with me about a week ago. I tried making myself busy. It helps for a while but the thoughts of him keeps coming back. I know that I should just let time pass but it's affecting me. I used to love outdoors, play sports and just have fun but now i don't even want to get up in the morning. I lock myself in my room, watch movies and just keep eating junk. I haven't had a normal meal in days.

i stopped talking to him and I never want to get back with him again. I just wanna go back to the old happy-go-lucky me. Any advices?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• concentrate to your hobbies

What Guys Said 5

• There is no quick solution to this. But you need to be pro-active and force yourself up and out and back to the things you enjoy doing.

Sitting at home alone like this it's not good and isolation fosters depression, organise a girls night out, or even a weeken away, just do something and force yourself to do it, surprisingly you might actually have fun and that will help.

Good luck :-)

• He used to be my motivation when I'm down. But you're right, I must have to motivate myself even without him. Time to be stronger. Thank you so much.

• You need to get out and party or something. Just get out of the house, probably easier said than done at the moment. But that's what I suggest.

• For now, I really don't have the energy to get out and party. But I see you're point. Isolating myself won't help. thanks.

• I understand i've been incredible depressed since my break up, for me recovery has been writing out a schedule and holding close to the routine until i feel successful by concentrating on self improvement.

• Best thing you can do is go out and get banged, ASAP.

• don't we all. usually though, pain takes that away from us. you man never go back to the old happy go lucky, but you sure can get over him and be happy again. just start with one activity at a time.

• I will try. Maybe I'm just forcing myself too much to instantly forget him. and that makes moving on much harder.

• you can still be happy, but I'm not so sure about the go lucky part lol

What Girls Said 4

• Blocking him off social media sites, blocking him from your phone is a good start. It's easier to move on when you don't have these two things staring you in the face every day and with you putting him on your pay no mind list, you have a good beginning to your beguine in this break up.
    Going back to your 'old happy-go-lucky me' self may take awhile. You have been in a relationship, short or long term and you have been molded to be 'happy and lucky' with someone who you always thought you would be with forever. Now is the time to do some soul searching, licking a few of these war wounds and thinking of You now. You are going to have to more or less start from scratch and learn how to be your own Woman again and just learn how to be who you were before He came along and made a difference at one point, maybe making you forget the girl you started out as.
    Good luck, God bless... you are a strong girl, I can tell. xx

• aw that's so nice, thank you. I will try my very best to follow these. I must have to motivate myself. :)

• Yes, it's hard but you have a good Mind set and this is a good start, sweetie... you are so welcome.. xxoo

• Okay there is no easy fix. You are doing fine stay home cry and get what you need out your system. Then when you finally feel a bit better look at yourself in the mirror. Then see how much you have changed and get yourself together. The best thing for me with my break up was to cry it out and then go out! Enjoy your life because I bet he is enjoying his!

• I guess you're right. Maybe I should stop holding my tears back... Thanks a lot.

• Spend a lot of time with a friend. I know you prob don't feel like being social, but it really does help. And let yourself be sad sometimes as well, you know? If you wanna cry, then cry, but after that pick yourself back up and be positive. It gets better

• aww. hmm yup, you're right.. I should face my emotions. I'll do my best. thank you

• I don't think you can get over it quick
    . in order to really heal you need to take time to feel the pain and go thought it and than mend. So just cry a little be sad and than say I'm done and go be great

• I'll try, thanks.. maybe the only way to truly be free is to face hard times like this.

• No prob! its important to take time to be sad and not to push the pain away, because it won't go away if you try to run from it :)