How did you get over your first heartbreak?

What did you do to get over your first heartbreak and what did you do so you wouldn't think about them?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Recently my heart has been kind of broken because of a girl of course so I go on here to kind of escape and help people with their problems. I get happy when I help someone so it works. I also learn stuff sometimes that help me with getting over the problem on this site.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ya GaG been helping me also

• Ya :), kind of been my escape so I have been pretty active on here until I get over the girl I was with. Good luck with getting over your heart breaker though :).

Most Helpful Girl

• It took me about 5 months to move on from my ex. It took time for me to heal, I was cheated on, lied to, used, my ex played me it was right in his eyes. I try to distance myself from him and it helps me a lot. And even though we go to the same high school I just stay focused on my schoolwork, I don't' chase him or anything. He actually broke up with me right out of the blue, but it took a lot of time for me to heal it wasn't easy but it was worth it. I had given him to many chances, he flirts with other girls, asks girls for there numbers when he doesn't even know them, etc. I dont' want to date someone like that in the future, if you are going to cheat on me then please just let me be. He had a drinking problem too he started drinking in summer 2012. And since then he did not stop, I asked him if he would but he said no. I decided to cut off all communication with him and in fact I did. I don't want to date some drug addict, either you can drink you can have me, but you can't have both. I'm a toy, either check me out or leave me on the shelf. I gave him way to many chances when all he really deserved was one chance. Sometime told me that I should've never went out with him to begin with, something told me that when he and I were younger that I should probably get to know him as a friend. I've moved on with my life, and I just talk to other people, I would like to date older men in the future. But for now I'm to focused on my schoolwork and my studies to be dating.

0|0
    0|0
    • Be careful with older men, their game is way better you won't realize what happened until you have fallen for them. That's what happened to me

• I'm just saying I would like a relationship that is real and serious and committed. My ex didn't know what the heck a relationship was and was afraid to commitment. I am turning 18 next Thursday is my birthday and in the future i'm not saying right now, in the future, I would like to date older men and get to know them first before I decide that I want to tie the knot. Either be real with me or leave me alone. I can't stand guys that cheat, and I can't stand players either. I've been hurt a lot, if you could walk in my shoes, you would understand but you don't really know my story. I'd like myself a mature young gentlemen that knows how to treat a lady, idc about sex, I'll have that when I am married. But in the future I would like something is real and serious, I was just sharing my story, you don't want it or the advice then don't take it.

• I didn't say right now i said in the future, maybe when I go to college. All I know is I'm done settling for less. The opposite happened to me, I never got to know my ex as a friend, I was younger and we kind of just jumped without asking why. I know who I want, I know what I want, and I won't settle for anything less.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Read what science has to say about what love is. Love is chemical process that occurs in the brain to cause us to bond with a mate. Heartbreak is withdrawal from natural opiates that are produced as part of this process. In short, love is a delusion caused by a drug addiction. Love ticks the boxes for a psychiatric illness.
    Once you understand the process of love, it is possible for an intelligent and educated person to keep things in perspective.
    I did that when I was 21 years old, after my first serious girlfriend broke my heart in a huge way. The heartbreak that I went through left me psychologically incapable of loving anyone again, so I began to read about what was going on.
    In my opinion, love should be irrelevant for an intelligent person. A mate should be chosen on rational criteria, not a warm fuzzy feeling that belongs in the realm of rainbows and unicorns.
    chemistry.about.com/.../Love-Chemicals.htm
    https://people.howstuffworks.com/love6.htm
    www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20568672,00.html
    www.chemistry.com/datingadvice/LoveExplained
    www.youramazingbrain.org/lovesex/sciencelove.htm
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/love/

0|0
    0|0
    • Love this... or do I?

Certainly something to ponder.

• Show All
    • it is really bad that some people are not really able to recognize real love... i am also got through same thing and now not able to love another girl.. i have decided that i will buy house next to her house.. change is only constant in this world.. just move on..

• @LuvFrmOneSide No! Do not buy a house next to where she lives. That is weird, freaking and stalking. You will also prolong the process that you have to go through to recover. Get away from her and stay away. As they say in the Mafia movies: "She is dead to me."

• well i have been only in one relationship from the very start i was never a relationship guy but this girl made me fell in love with her by her care, smile, innocence and all i was so in love we even discussed about marriage and all that it lasted 4 years

but one day out of no where i found out she was secretly engaged to someone from last 6 months but never had the courage to tell me, and the moment i found that i was standing and trust me i just sat down on the footpath because all of a sudden i felt like my whole body lost the power and i wasn't even able to stand up, i called my friend he came and took me to my home

don't remember about the next two months what happend but all i know it was the worst day of my life and than one day i went to prayers and started crying like a baby in prayers my dad got worried and i saw him crying too at but that was the moment of relief when i find out no matter how bad are u towards ur parents they will always love u

and its been 2 years now i am fine, sometimes i miss those memories but life moves on

0|0
    0|0
  • I move on pretty fast so when I found out I was being cheated on I already knew that I just had to get away from her. Unfortunately I gave her other chances and she cheated on me so more with someone else. Overtime I just didn't care and I realized I was giving a chance to a self mutilating drug addict and that there's plenty better people out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had my heart broken legitimately twice. It's so hard.

The 2nd one just a month ago & it's hard to move on. I love her still so much even tho it hurt. I have some good days & bad days. She's always in the back of my head tho. Hopefully time will help.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be perfectly honest when I really love someone I love them for life. The only way I can really manage to get over someone is if I find someone else that I can equally love or love more.

However, my first heartbreak was a different story. I wasn't really in love I was just completely obsessed. I was like 12 and I wanted to marry this girl and have kids with her lol. I instantly got over her after she rejected me.

0|0
    0|0
  • My heart was ripped. But I learnt so much from it. I actually wrote an amazing song the other day (15 years later) about her leaving me. I captured the emotion I wanted in the song so well. can't wait to get it out;)

0|0
    0|0
  • find another person who has the potential to break your heart again.

2|2
    0|0
  • I started playing MMORPG's.

Not only I forgot about her, after a few months I couldn't remember what kind of a NPC "a girl" is.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think they're the ones with vaginas, dude. At least that's what the wiki says.

• Channeled all my emotions into physical activity and art, which had the dual benefit of relaxing my body while keeping my mind quite fit.

0|0
    0|0
  • IIIII didn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Surgery helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • In time things gets better. Doing some new activities like going to gym , singing , painting would help you to forget and going out with your best friends or your family members is a great thing to do cuz they are there for you and to give you the right push.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• to be honest its nearly impossible to not think about them in the future

you will move on
    i moved on after 3 years
    and i suddenly met someone in first day of college
    which hehe that was an another heartbreak
    so try to have fun
    try not to hate him for whatever he has done
    try to tell your self that :
    we had good times! we laughed! its over..
    its ok for you to have rebound relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I cried. Like a lot. It's funny because at that moment I could really decide whether I was crying about him or because I just felt so stupid. It's like that most of the time I usually blame myself for not noticing the DB signs.

Anyways I cried so much the whole day and at night I couldn't even breathe. It was the worst feeling ever, but eventual I got tired and the next day it was gone. Like it never happened.

0|1
    0|0
    • But the feeling doesn't go away for like a week or month..

• That first time it went away pretty fast. I guess I realized that it actually wasn't really love but just my pride. Haha. Anyways after that I have had one heartbreak. A huge one. I wasn't myself for months. I cried for a week. I continued everything as if nothing happened, but at night it was horrible. I went on so many dates just to get over it and forget it. It helped a lot, but it was hard. Nights were too long.. Luckily my first heartbreak wasn't like this.

• Yeah.. Its hard to get over.. But in my point of view if I commint to girl. I should not be broken but kept.. Solid because in Relationship one person has to make sacrifices.. So thay relationship could be strong.

• I decided to wait for him to come back to me for as long as it took lol. It was so foolish of me really! But all the time I spent in waiting for him, really sobered me down, and made me philosophical about things. Time definitely is the best healer.

0|0
    0|0
    • Did he comeback

• No. Thank God he didn't! He was and is still a loser. I was too idealistic back then I guess. Staying loyal was more important to me than whom I was being loyal to. So dumb of me ^_^

• It just took time. One day you wake up and it just doesn't hurt as much anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing, I didn't get heart broken..

0|1
    0|0
  • Chocolate and more chocolate 🍫🍫🍫

0|0
    0|0
  • i am still working on it after 1 year.
    let me know if you find a solution.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes