How did you get over your first heartbreak?

What did you do to get over your first heartbreak and what did you do so you wouldn't think about them?

813

Most Helpful Guy

• Recently my heart has been kind of broken because of a girl of course so I go on here to kind of escape and help people with their problems. I get happy when I help someone so it works. I also learn stuff sometimes that help me with getting over the problem on this site.

• Ya GaG been helping me also

• Ya :), kind of been my escape so I have been pretty active on here until I get over the girl I was with. Good luck with getting over your heart breaker though :).

Most Helpful Girl

• It took me about 5 months to move on from my ex. It took time for me to heal, I was cheated on, lied to, used, my ex played me it was right in his eyes. I try to distance myself from him and it helps me a lot. And even though we go to the same high school I just stay focused on my schoolwork, I don't' chase him or anything. He actually broke up with me right out of the blue, but it took a lot of time for me to heal it wasn't easy but it was worth it. I had given him to many chances, he flirts with other girls, asks girls for there numbers when he doesn't even know them, etc. I dont' want to date someone like that in the future, if you are going to cheat on me then please just let me be. He had a drinking problem too he started drinking in summer 2012. And since then he did not stop, I asked him if he would but he said no. I decided to cut off all communication with him and in fact I did. I don't want to date some drug addict, either you can drink you can have me, but you can't have both. I'm a toy, either check me out or leave me on the shelf. I gave him way to many chances when all he really deserved was one chance. Sometime told me that I should've never went out with him to begin with, something told me that when he and I were younger that I should probably get to know him as a friend. I've moved on with my life, and I just talk to other people, I would like to date older men in the future. But for now I'm to focused on my schoolwork and my studies to be dating.

• Be careful with older men, their game is way better you won't realize what happened until you have fallen for them. That's what happened to me

• I'm just saying I would like a relationship that is real and serious and committed. My ex didn't know what the heck a relationship was and was afraid to commitment. I am turning 18 next Thursday is my birthday and in the future i'm not saying right now, in the future, I would like to date older men and get to know them first before I decide that I want to tie the knot. Either be real with me or leave me alone. I can't stand guys that cheat, and I can't stand players either. I've been hurt a lot, if you could walk in my shoes, you would understand but you don't really know my story. I'd like myself a mature young gentlemen that knows how to treat a lady, idc about sex, I'll have that when I am married. But in the future I would like something is real and serious, I was just sharing my story, you don't want it or the advice then don't take it.

• I didn't say right now i said in the future, maybe when I go to college. All I know is I'm done settling for less. The opposite happened to me, I never got to know my ex as a friend, I was younger and we kind of just jumped without asking why. I know who I want, I know what I want, and I won't settle for anything less.