Where did it go wrong? Should I give up?

Hello,

Well my story starts about 3 months ago when my ex boyfriend decides to reconnect with me on Facebook, which we never became online friends, he would message me here and there. So about week later after contacting me (3 months ago) he asked where we stood? and what did I wanted from him? get back together, be friends or FWB. Honestly, I felt pressure and cornered to answered, so I asked for sometime alone and that I would contact him when I was over the break up. He still continued to message me on Facebook, every 2-3 weeks but nothing important, just a "hi" here and there. In the mean time, I was following this program on how to get back with my ex, which has help me enormously! with Active no contact, and instead of following the traditional 30 days of NO contact, I went on for 3 months because to me the break up was so hurtful and resentful that I needed time and space from him. I did wish him a Happy B-Day about a month ago, so he knew, I still had him in mind. So about a week ago he messaged me again, but I didn't answer because I was busy with work, school and life and by the time I saw it a couple days had passed. So about 3 days ago, I ended no contact, and I send him a message on Facebook and gave him my number. He read it but never called or text. I was fine until, I took a look at his Facebook profile and notice he was already dating someone else! he basically plaster his page with pictures of both of them, I was like "what the F**ck" did I miss something in the last past week? or I was too blind. I did send him another message (BIG MISTAKE) and I told him that I thought he still loved me and I did't understand why he was messaging me! after what I saw.

End of story, I blocked him and later on he deactivated his Facebook.
So many question marks are pondering my mind!!

Was he only looking for attention? Or I'm just too dumb to accept that he has moved on? Why was he still messaging me if he was already seeing someone else?

10