Ex calls and says I'm the love of his life, we talk non stop for 3 days and yesterday he read my texts but didn't reply?

My ex and I were together for 6 years, but when his parents divorced this past summer he and I split bc he just didn't want a relationship right then. either way we talked all summer and now im back at college and he's an HS senior. in September he asked to get back together and we made a pact that he's coming to my university in the fall. Well he got a girlfriend. it stung but he still called me and such and I kinda regressed for a month and didn't call him. Well this past Monday he calls me non stop and I answered and he sounded super conflicted and said how much he misses me and he wants out of this relationship and I'm the love of his life and he thinks about me every second and I the same. We talked on the phone for 3 hours laughing just talking. We did that everyday Monday- Wednesday. Well yesterday I sent him a text saying hello, he read it 2 minutes after it was sent but never replied. I waited a couple hours and sent him a meme and same thing happened. What's the deal?

*updating

01

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds exactly like what he is; young. Very young. Doesn't know what he wants. He only knows he wants you when he wants you. When it's convenient for him. Don't get me wrong, there's good stuff here, but when it comes to matters of the heart, there is no room for ambiguity.

He's either in, or out.

Also, he might just be to busy to respond.

• I looked on Facebook and apparently he had a basketball tournament, but I find it rude that he would read it and not reply. I don't want to freak out and it turn him off, but I don't want him to run over me.

• Sometimes people are so busy that they only have time to respond to the people they need to and or are closest to them. I myself think that unless you're a doctor, have three jobs, in the military on deployment, or something along those lines, then just text back. How hard is it, and how much time does it take to text, "sorry I'm really busy." - 7 seconds, if you're slow.

If someone is genuinely too busy to get back to me in a timely manner that's fine. My best friend doesn't get back to me for days or even weeks sometimes. I've known him for 20 years though. And he knows that I know him well enough to know what's up without me guessing and contemplating the worst. Barring that kind of exception, my rule is if you don't get back to-be it hours, days, weeks-then you clearly don't wanna talk to me for whatever reason. I won't send another text if I've sent two or three with no response regardless of the timeframe in question. And if it's a chick, then I know she is not interested.

• Definitely do NOT freak out. Just be cool. Everything is cool. For now.

What Girls Said 0