Do they record your divorce history?

I was married to my ex-husband for about 4 years. Unfortunately our marriage ended due to we lived apart because we find jobs in different states. Now I meet this AMAZING guy and he agreed to never talk about my past. We're talking about marriage lately. When we get married, will that divorce show up? Do they record your divorce history?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• All marriages are a part of record and when the marriage ends in a divorce or annulment it is recored.

If you enter another marriage without a divorce this is a breach of contract and is a felony.

• I would enter another marriage and I'm already divorced to my ex-husband. Will they necessary have to bring up my DIVORCE history/record to my future husband? Or can they just check in silence that I'm already divorce and is not bigamy and they will keep quiet about my ended marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, in order to get married you have to provide the divorce decree. This is done to prevent bigamy which is a felony (at least in the US).

• I'm not bigamy for sure! Do they just chevk to make sure I'm not bygaming or they will show him my divorce history?

• But not talking about your past leaves so many things that can change a person's mind should they find out. Once again shameful or not I'd you love and trust this person complete honesty is paramount for a relationship. But like I said if you don't have that then this house will crumble and it will be divorce number two you got on your hands. I can guarantee you a relationship counselor would say the same thing and should you do marriage counseling and leave this out you are doing both of yourselves a disservice. Because if he will not accept every flaw then you don't need to marry him.

• I also just read in some other comments that you plan on getting married in a church. You do realize that 90% of ministers will not marry you without like 10 hours of marriage counseling and they will ask you that there. Are you going to lie to both a minister and your future husband in a church?
      I mean I know I have done shameful things in the past and plan on telling them to my future life mate when I find him. Because he can say he doesn't mind now, but when he finds out years down the road it will plant a seed of doubt about what else you keep from him which will cause complete and total mistrust. A failed marriage is not that big of a thing and opens so many doors to improve your present relationship by discussing why it failed and how to ensure this one does not.