Unsure of our relationship?

Boyfriend of just around 3 years unsure of our relationship. He says he's depressed at the moment and doesn't know what he wants any more, with me with life, with anything.

He doesn't want to split up with me cause he doesn't want to rush into a decision he may regret. He changed his mind in a matter of days. Throughout our relationship we've always talked about how we would get married one day and have kids when we're ready and up until 4 days ago he said he still wanted it and begged me not to leave him because he's been a bit of a dick to me. Then suddenly 24 hours later he says he doesn't know if he wants any of that or even a relationship any more.

It's hard to distinguish if its because of the depression or how he really feels. Should wait for him and help him to get better or leave him to it? He asked for some time and space but I worry he's staying with me because he feel like he has to (i've asked him this which he has denied)

I don't want to give up on someone i've always saw a future with.

01