So breaking up after a year... never thought it'd end this way. What do you think?

We always thought we'd get married and have a wonderful life together, but yesterday she told me she developed feelings for another guy and no longer cared for me as much as I did for her.

I didn't think this would happen at all. She was just some super sweet girl who had never had a boyfriend before a year ago, but now it seems she's a different person. She told me that every year she developed feelings for a guy but of course they always rejected her. I was the first guy to accept her, love her, and tell her she was beautiful even when she thought she was the ugliest thing on the planet. Unfortunately being in a relationship didn't stop her from developing new feelings as she always did before. She told me she needed to stabilize and figure out if she could stop having feelings for a new guy every year so we broke up to let her do so. She'll probably ask this new guy out in a few months when she "thinks" she's stabilized and if she still has feelings for me (and this the other guy rejects her) she said she might come back to me. Not sure if I'll take her back. The pain I feel is staggering. It's literally beyond emotional stuff. My chest was hurting all night. Literal heartbreak.

Any words of wisdom?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't take her back at all after this, even if she comes crawling back to you tomorrow, let alone in a few months or a year. Who would want that sort of uncertainty and drama in their lives? If you choose to be with someone it should be because you genuinely enjoy being with them, not because every other guy you develop feelings for annually turns you down. Don't be the back up guy, or the safety net. Let her go and move on with your life. As much as it hurts right now, be thankful. You dodged a bullet with this girl.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• So she's saying that every year she likes someone new? That's total bs. Did she ever talk about the future with you? Did she tell you she loved you?
    I say give her the space she needs. If she can leave you that quickly, then who's to say she won't leave that guy a year from now? She's making up excuses, immature ones at that. Move on, I know it kills you to see her move on so quickly, but all you can do is show her you can move on to. As cliche as this sounds: if it's meant to be, it will be. I broke up with my boyfriend two years ago because I felt like he didn't love me. To 'get back at him' and show him guys can care for me, I got together with another guy who was head over heels for me. I know it was the wrong thing to do, I still regret it, but its what I thought would help him realize what he treated me like. It worked, we fixed our relationship, but I really hurt him. She will realize what she's doing is wrong, eventually. But for now you have to let her learn on her own. I know it hurts.

0|0
    0|0
    • Everytime marriage was discussed she always said she wanted to be with me and that when she thought of her future she always saw me in it. And she did tell me she loved me, yes. Even before telling me she wanted to break up (like 20 minutes before) she refused to eat unless I ate (I didn't want to eat so I told her to go eat and she said "not unless you do") which showed she had some care for me, but as SOON as it was official that we were done she started getting bitchy. Like, I just joked around and acted cool about it to spare her the awkwardness but she said some things I didn't need to hear such as "I guess now I don't have to feel guilty about thinking about him *giggle*".

• She's just trying to be a bitch, she's playing dirty. Let her get this out of her system.

• That girl is a bitch. What a lane ass excuse. Human beings aren't clocks. Develop a new crush every year? What a load of bullshit. Obviously she's never had a boyfriend before; she doesn't know how life works. You're better off rid of her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice of you, obviously you care about her. And also she has some self issues. We get into these relationships and they can last however long we want them to. Things can change overnight and you two are no longer together. Don't blame yourself over the situation, sounds like to me she likes the "newness" when she comes across a new. She thinks the grass is greener on the other side. Easier said than done, love yourself first. Don't put yourself through the heartache to be hurt again by her. She also told you "Every year she develops feelings for a guy but of course they always reject her." All those guys and divide her in the equation. Its obviously her. Learn from me it. Everybody has been hurt by someone.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Stay strong it does hurt, but time usually is a good healer. Also if she thinks the grass is greener on the other side make sure you have a fence up when she tries to come back to yours if you know what I mean. You would clearly just be consolation prize and she would be looking at more men during your second stint together because your not first choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try 5 years dude. Sounds like y'all both need more experience. Let her fly, cut her off... if she figures it out she'll come back. Maybe not...

0|0
    0|0
  • What u wating from us to tell!!! she's Bitch or sick Every year new guy yeah it was better if u told her kiss my ass and slap would work well
    It's not nature thing and I have never see like that girl but just curious how was she before she tell u that I think she dumped u but u still dont know

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes