So breaking up after a year... never thought it'd end this way. What do you think?

We always thought we'd get married and have a wonderful life together, but yesterday she told me she developed feelings for another guy and no longer cared for me as much as I did for her.

I didn't think this would happen at all. She was just some super sweet girl who had never had a boyfriend before a year ago, but now it seems she's a different person. She told me that every year she developed feelings for a guy but of course they always rejected her. I was the first guy to accept her, love her, and tell her she was beautiful even when she thought she was the ugliest thing on the planet. Unfortunately being in a relationship didn't stop her from developing new feelings as she always did before. She told me she needed to stabilize and figure out if she could stop having feelings for a new guy every year so we broke up to let her do so. She'll probably ask this new guy out in a few months when she "thinks" she's stabilized and if she still has feelings for me (and this the other guy rejects her) she said she might come back to me. Not sure if I'll take her back. The pain I feel is staggering. It's literally beyond emotional stuff. My chest was hurting all night. Literal heartbreak.

Any words of wisdom?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't take her back at all after this, even if she comes crawling back to you tomorrow, let alone in a few months or a year. Who would want that sort of uncertainty and drama in their lives? If you choose to be with someone it should be because you genuinely enjoy being with them, not because every other guy you develop feelings for annually turns you down. Don't be the back up guy, or the safety net. Let her go and move on with your life. As much as it hurts right now, be thankful. You dodged a bullet with this girl.