I want to be friends, but I still have feelings. help?

well my ex and i have become pretty good friends over the past month. (6 months after the breakup). he means a lot to me and he's one of my best friends now.

unfortunately my feelings for him have redeveloped, and it didn't help that i showed him i was interested and then he did a few things unintentionally to lead me on and then I asked him about it and he said he didn't mean to send mixed signals now I feel hurt again. he's one of my best friends and I love hanging out with him and I think its the same for him, but i started liking him again!!
I told him i needed time to not be friends before I could talk to him again, but I've been crying all morning. i wish I could be content with being friends.

am i going the right way with telling him im doing no contact? how can i see him as a friend? we mean a lot to each other, but i hate myself for feeling this way. I don't want to cut him out of my life completely just because of this. it would be awful, especially since we help each other so much.
help?

20