Why do guys wanna be friend with there exs?

Just as the question ask why do guys wanna be friends with there exs

14

Most Helpful Girl

• If the guy broke it off with you and wants to be friends it's for three reasons. Firstly, so they don't feel like a 'bad guy' for breaking it off with you. It's a way to soothe the guilty feeling they have for hurting you by ending the relationship. The second, main reason they want to be 'friends' is so they can keep up with what you are doing in case their new fling doesn't work out. Finally, they think they might have a shot at some ex-sex if they hit a dry patch, so it's worth keeping you around for. Seriously. That's all it is.

If you broke it off with him, it's pretty much the second reason still, but he hopes he can find an in with you down the road. Exes don't really make very good friends unless you were already friends before you dated. Even then it's not usually possible to be friends right away because there are unresolved feelings on one end or the other.

What Guys Said 4

• No ofence but in my case it have been the GIRLS wh've wanted to remain friends.
    So it's not about "why do guys" but "why do people". Both girls and guys do this.

• I agree with @dartmaul15 It's always been girls that want to stay friends in my experience. I've never kept talking to them, I just drop them.

• Usually its because I was good friends with them before we got together and I would like to keep that friendship if possible.

• I don't know what kind of guys you know, but I never want to be friends with my exs.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!