Why is he treating the end of our hooking up like an actual break up?

I was hooking up with this guy from February through July. He made it very clear that he was only interested in hooking up, and I shared that sentiment. After that, we would text every now and then. Recently, he texted me to tell me that he has started dating someone. I congratulated him and wished him well. He didn't reply, then he removed me from Facebook and snapchat.
Why is he treating this like a real breakup? Do you agree it's stupid that he removed me from his social media accounts?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• no it's not stupid, he did the logical and polite thing. if you start 'seriously' dating someone, you don't really want to have your fb wall plastered with past random hook-ups reminders, isn't it?