I broke up with him, but I feel like I'm suffering more from this. Why is he not communicating does he just not care?

I "broke up" with a guy I was seeing about a month ago. I say this in quotes because the reason we broke up is we had not title, were not committed to each other. I wanted it and I let him know, but he went back and forth. Finally, I decided it was best for me to let him go. Long break up and hours of crying in silence together. Our relationship was very different to anything I have ever had. I am a virgin and I let him know I wouldn't have sex until I was sure and was in a monogamous relationship. He respected my wishes and although we fooled around we never had sex. He was a great companion. Made me dinner and breakfast when I slept over (once even made sure I take some to go). We would do roadtrips. Told me how beautiful he thought I was. Spontaneous forhead kisses and deep looks into my eyes. And everything felt real and sincere. I'm falling apart missing him, yet I hear nothing of him. I haven't seen him in a month. I miss him so much. Why is he not doing/saying anything? Am I the only one that cares?
I couldn't take not seeing him anymore and asked to meet up/catch up and he agreed for this weekend... not sure what I'm thinking all I know is I really miss him. Why did he even agree... ahh

02