Do you think you should forgive an unfaithful partner?

Can a leopard change it's spots?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No i don't think you should stay with them after that but I do think sometimes you can drive a partner to cheat or to just stop caring about you totally which again will lead them to cheat. Sometimes if somebody cheats on you, you have to look at the relationship and see if you did anything. For example, if a guy never wants to spend time with his girl or a girl never wants sex with her boyfriend. Making people feel unloved and unwanted can lead to cheating, so not all cheats just do it maliciously.
    The reasons for cheating should come into it, but at the end of the day it'll still always be "if they can do it once they can do it again"

1|1
    0|0
    • My ex husband and I both went through a scenario like this, forgiveness is one thing but reconciling is another.
      We have forgiven and work together for our son, but we both realize there is just too much hurt at this point. That even as much as we've both grown, maintaining a healthy relationship is just not possible. You can't forget some things, but holding on to the hurt will only hurt yourself.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• I think the best thing you could do is try your hardest to bring your relationship back together, maybe go to have a meal and sit down to talk about these things. It depends on the amount of times she has cheated I guess sometimes you will think about that but if you love her its worth fighting for that relationship. At the end of the day if you've tried and the relationship ends at least you can say you tried :)

0|1
    0|0
  • forgive eventually after you have left them or once you are over them. my ex cheated on me once and i called him using the girl's phone! i broke up with him there and then. i did not give him a chance to speak.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's fine to forgrive an unfaithful partner in some ways.. But going back to her. I don't believe will be a good idea. ; x ; You can forgive and forget. But going back will not help or solve the past that happen.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I honestly dont think unfaithful people should be trusted one more time. If they've cheated then there is a possibility that they would do it again. But most of the people gives second chances just because they love their partners. Second chance is maybe the most that they could give. I heard this saying. 'Shame on me if you fool me once, shame on you if ypu fool me twice.'

0|1
    0|0
    • Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
      Cause if you didn't learn your lesson after the first time it's your own fault, is what the phrase implies.

• it depends, how many times did you caught her cheating? i say once is enough. anything. more than once is taking advantage.
    if you truly forgive her then you should erase all things she did.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've been stuck in a love triangle really. At the time, we got together after a bit of fun (not exactly the best foundations for a solid relationship). we worked in the same office and always flirted. I knew Kelly was good at what she did but I didn't look at it as a threat. She was coming out if a relationship and they shared a dog. She'd be on the phone to him, and I said it's fine if you need to arrange things with your dog, but it wasn't just that. One night I went out and came back to find them making out on the sofa..

• no that's idiotic. they will just end up cheating again and making u look stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. Everyone deserves a second chance- make sure that they understand that they need to stop.. Or else leave..

0|0
    0|1
  • I would take a longer time to forgive, and a cheater is always a cheater

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried to forgive for two years, he could never change.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if its happened before

0|0
    0|0
  • forgive but dont go back... ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I would never forgive a such thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never again.

0|0
    0|0
  • i do only if he is worthy

0|0
    0|0
  • No, honestly I don't think you should. Sorry :(

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because they will do it again since they know there are some people who will forgive them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could forgive them eventually, because that's just in my nature, but I don't think anyone "should" forgive them necessarily. Despite being forgiven, though, I would break up with that guy immediately and we'd have no chance whatsoever of getting back together. The trust would be gone and I'd always feel insecure in that relationship. Not worth it.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I'm living proof, been in 2 long term relationships were the girl cheated and I stayed to work it out and it just couldn't work. Feelings are not the same and you always wonder. It will always be on the back of your mind if the person does any behaviors that was done in the past to manipulate you even stuff they say... It sucks

1|2
    0|0
  • The question that you ask is difficult to answer.
    I would suggest that what matters is that: she does not cuckold you by becoming pregnant to another man (and telling you that the child is yours); and that she does not bring home a disease. If she does not do either of those things, what harm has been done (other than to your ego)?
    The root of sexual jealousy in the male is a hard-wired instinctive desire to ensure that the offspring he raises are his. It is not a good evolutionary strategy to invest resources in raising the offspring of another man.
    Once you understand that is the root of sexual jealousy, it becomes easier to keep things in perspective.
    Were I in your position, I would talk with her calmly and gently. I would ask her why. Was I crap in bed, or did she crave sexual variety (a normal human desire), or was she motivated by something else?
    Once you have established her motivation, then it will become easier to make a decision about the future of the relationship.
    When I worked in the adult industry for a few years (behind the camera), I was surprised to learn that most of the couples I met in the swinger scene had begun with the woman dragging a reluctant husband behind her. They loved each other, but they also craved sexual variety (especially the women).

0|0
    0|1
  • No.

A cheating partner should be booted to the curb. Once a cheat, always a cheat.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never. That level of dishonesty is not forgivable.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on whether you vowed to stick with them through everything or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but I think everyone in the free loving world should have to watch you jack your little pecker if they do cheat.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes