Do you think you should forgive an unfaithful partner?

Can a leopard change it's spots?

186

Most Helpful Girl

• No i don't think you should stay with them after that but I do think sometimes you can drive a partner to cheat or to just stop caring about you totally which again will lead them to cheat. Sometimes if somebody cheats on you, you have to look at the relationship and see if you did anything. For example, if a guy never wants to spend time with his girl or a girl never wants sex with her boyfriend. Making people feel unloved and unwanted can lead to cheating, so not all cheats just do it maliciously.
    The reasons for cheating should come into it, but at the end of the day it'll still always be "if they can do it once they can do it again"

• My ex husband and I both went through a scenario like this, forgiveness is one thing but reconciling is another.
      We have forgiven and work together for our son, but we both realize there is just too much hurt at this point. That even as much as we've both grown, maintaining a healthy relationship is just not possible. You can't forget some things, but holding on to the hurt will only hurt yourself.