Devastated and Confused! Please help!!!

Almost three weeks ago, my ex boyfriend (whom i dated for 8 months) and I had the most perfect night. He told me how much he loved me and how lucky he was to be with me, we had sex, laid in bed cuddling and talking, then about 2 hours later he broke up with me with the excuse "You deserve better". This was the day I was flying out to my Uncle's Memorial Service... terrible timing. When I got back, I went over to his place to talk and he told me how in love with me he is and how much he wants to be with me but just knows I deserve better. I even asked if he just was interested in other women or having sex with others, literally gave him any opportunity to tell me if there was a reason other than that I deserve better because I think thats such a cop out, but he kept saying there wasn't. Again he held me, kissed me, and cried a little too. Later that week, my friends and I went to a party at his fraternity because I had been friends with the fraternity men before ever meeting him, while I was there I walked in on him and a girl alone in a room chatting. After she left he told me he was trying to hook up with girls to get over me. I don't understand why the break up is happening especially because his reason literally was just that I deserve better than him. I am having such a hard time getting over him and don't know what I should do. I unfollowed him on social media because the girl posted photos of them together and I just didn't want to see it anymore, but he is still following me on everything and is always the first to view my snapchats/etc. Any advice will help. Also, a week and a half ago he said he would come get his stuff/bring me my stuff later in the week and never did. So I sent him a text message asking if we could set up a time/day to exchange stuff because I really just don't want to look at his things anymore, I got no response. I don't know what I should do anymore.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• It's other women, despite what he says. What kind of stuff do you have? I'd send one more text that he can come by and get his stuff, or you're tossing it. Cut off the social media and go radio silent with him.

• I have sweatshirts, some that he gave me of his, some that he just left at my place, misc. clothing like socks/underwear, stuff like that which I clearly don't want. Then I have stuff that he bought me/won me like stuffed animals, shirts for the sports team he plays for, etc. I wasn't sure if I should just not say anything since I tried twice already to get his stuff to him and wished him a Happy Birthday the other day as well... all with no response. As for social media, I don't follow him anymore so I am good there.

• I'd just donate the clothing and toss the rest.

Most Helpful Girl

• Leave him alone he is telling you that you deserve better because you clearly do! Donate his clothes and forget about the items he has of yours. Don't toss the things he bought for you such as electronics if they bother you too much sell them on eBay or craigslist and but new things with it