I've never been friends with an ex before... help?

I have dated 2 guys in the past and when they left me for other girls I dropped all contact, Im tough to crack. Idont like to play games. I feel that if they really wanted me they never would have left.
Now my new ex left me last week but he had a mental break down... war past experience, future job after we graduate college in may, death of a friend really got him all worked out and pushed me away. He says he regrets it, wants to be friends and that he doesn't want me to hate him like I have to the other guys. I mean I know he's upset but I dont understand why he had to throw me away. He said he would probably never find a better girl. I feel like when he is down its when he would need me the most to be there for him. Im having a hard time being friends. Its either I want to get back with you or nothing at all. He talks to me everyday, checks on me, eats with MY friends. Im afraid he's going to keep talking to me and never rekindle our relationship, preventing me from fully moving on. Help?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• Then you tell him that. "I want to get back together or have nothing at all". Lay your cards on the table. If you don't like to play games, it's time to show your hand and call it

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• I had told my ex he and I should try being friends but it didn't work actually so we just don't talk or say anything to each other.

• You definitely need to have a no contact period. You need to have time for yourself where you can cope with the things you are going through in this break up. Being friends with him isn't impossible but one week after a break up is a little bit soon. Everything is still fresh and your emotions are going haywire. I think you can tell him that you can try to have some sort of friendship or relationship eventually but now is not the time.

• i tried being friends with my ex didn't work. say you want to get back together or you two are done for good and never talk to him again.