Do people divorce even if they're still in love?

I know that it isn't common but I'm still very much in love with my husband but I'm not happy with him anymore, mainly due to circumstances. I can't force myself anymore and pretend that I want to continue to be his wife. Our living situation is screwed since he doesn't want to move from his mother because he is not comfortable away from her and I'm not fond of living so many people in one small home. For two years I've tried to have a normal marriage but his parents are always bothering us, aggravating me and he doesn't defend me against them. Im planning on leaving at the end of this month to a studio apartment by myself in the city closer to my job where I'll know I'll have peace and tranquillity. My husband told me last night to do what I want and I have told him that I wanted us to get our own place but he never listens. I can't keep crying anymore. I also want a divorce because I'm not happy, but I still love him.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I believe so. You have to value yourself and accept that no matter how much you may love somebody, if they aren't reciprocating it's time to walk away.

If he loves you, he'll follow.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, this happens often. He won't prioritize you over his parents. Maybe due to childhood circumstances.
    Try to stay friends, and your moving out MIGHT get him to grow up, so don't give up on him just yet.

1|0
    0|0
  • He sounds like a weenie if he has no legitimate reason for moving away from the parents. Are they sickly? Do they need help? Is he saving up for a house?

0|0
    0|0
    • He is afraid of responsibility. Yet promised me we would have our own apartment by now. We both make decent money to afford one.

• That really sucks. But you have to remember that every relationship has it's negatives. I'm super independent and was living away from my parents... my ex just didn't feel "in love."

My point is that there will ALWAYS be something to complain about. Nothing will be perfect. You said yourself that he makes you really happy... is this worth dropping the relationship over? Convince him of building up a guest house in the backyard or something that way you will have at least some semi-privacy and use it as a stepping stone towards something bigger.

• im sure it has happened in some cases, none I've ever seen though. if they did, it is most likely because it will benefit them on paper.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe they can still love each other. Sometimes things happen that break the trust or make one miserable. Doesn't mean they stop loving them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, my wife divorced me, she was with another man, with lawyers she almost bankrupted me. Through all this she told me she still loved me. Now years have passed and she still tells me the same and would have had me spinning like a top unless I had stepped of that merry go around.
    She did what she wanted and now she has it, but does not want it. You better get some space and think very clearly because cross the line and there is no way back.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't want to walk away from everything but I want to teach him a lesson.

• Sounds like your in the right after you separate from him for a while he will come around and if he doesn't than by all means live your life to the fullest

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I'm in a different situation. I do still love my husband also... but I'm not happy. I left about 5 months ago. I'm stressed and depressed but in the long run I know my decision was right. You can't live for someone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes you love the person, but have grown and can't compromise on changes in beliefs, goals etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, yes they do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow that's a tough spot you're in. When you two married, did he talk of getting your own house? Or did you know going in that he wanted to live with the folks? If you knew going in. . . then you signed up for it, and you aren't supporting him like you vowed you would. If there had been talk of moving out when you married, then he is not putting you before his parents, which as your husband, he should be putting you first all the time. I would be doing the same thing you are. Move out, seperate. Tell him that you won't spend your life in another woman's home (his mother) you deserve better than that and it's up to him to decide if he's coming with you or not. Give him some time to think on it, then divorce if he doesn't come around.

1|0
    0|0
    • Nope. We were supposed to have our place a year and a half ago

• He spoke about it nonstop when we first got engaged than I married him and he completely forgot about it. If I brought it up, he shut me down.

Recommended myTakes