Do people divorce even if they're still in love?

I know that it isn't common but I'm still very much in love with my husband but I'm not happy with him anymore, mainly due to circumstances. I can't force myself anymore and pretend that I want to continue to be his wife. Our living situation is screwed since he doesn't want to move from his mother because he is not comfortable away from her and I'm not fond of living so many people in one small home. For two years I've tried to have a normal marriage but his parents are always bothering us, aggravating me and he doesn't defend me against them. Im planning on leaving at the end of this month to a studio apartment by myself in the city closer to my job where I'll know I'll have peace and tranquillity. My husband told me last night to do what I want and I have told him that I wanted us to get our own place but he never listens. I can't keep crying anymore. I also want a divorce because I'm not happy, but I still love him.

56

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I believe so. You have to value yourself and accept that no matter how much you may love somebody, if they aren't reciprocating it's time to walk away.

If he loves you, he'll follow.