Best way to get over someone you love?

trying to focus but melting daily.. how did you get over a heartbreak if you had one. opinions please?

72

Most Helpful Guy

• Let yourself feel the emotions and don't fight them. Let them out and cry if you have to. Bottling it up (which is natural for me and most guys to do) will only prolong it.
    When you let it out, some words might come up. Be comfortable with saying them outloud, like "Why?" "I thought we'd be together forever" "you bitch" "I loved you". Whatever it is, say it and let everything that is bothering you out.
    Once you've let it pass through you, I swear that you will be shocked by how much better and in control of yourself you will feel.
    My first heartbreak I was in a place where I honestly didn't care if I lived or died. I wasn't suicidal, but I just didn't care anymore and it showed in my demeanor. My dad is a good man and could see something was wrong and asked what was up.
    When I told him about my breakup, he said to let it out. Feel the emotions and be in it. I broke out crying right there. Spoke about some of the things she said during the breakup and some of the things I said and just basically vomited my emotions out. After a few minutes, my breathing settled and I calmed down. I felt the tears on my face but they had dried. My heart wasn't suffering anymore and I could think clearly from that point on.

I didn't have any freak outs or break downs after that, because I dealt with the emotions in one sitting. Do that and you will be much better suited to handle life and possibly (I say possibly because it might be a bad idea) try to get her back.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It was a mutual breakup, because we just didn't know how to fix our problems. Neither of us wanted it, because we loved each other but we didn't know what else to do. It hurt alot, but you can recover from this.

• *nods* hope it helps

• Most definitely thanks again :)