Best way to get over someone you love?

trying to focus but melting daily.. how did you get over a heartbreak if you had one. opinions please?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Let yourself feel the emotions and don't fight them. Let them out and cry if you have to. Bottling it up (which is natural for me and most guys to do) will only prolong it.
    When you let it out, some words might come up. Be comfortable with saying them outloud, like "Why?" "I thought we'd be together forever" "you bitch" "I loved you". Whatever it is, say it and let everything that is bothering you out.
    Once you've let it pass through you, I swear that you will be shocked by how much better and in control of yourself you will feel.
    My first heartbreak I was in a place where I honestly didn't care if I lived or died. I wasn't suicidal, but I just didn't care anymore and it showed in my demeanor. My dad is a good man and could see something was wrong and asked what was up.
    When I told him about my breakup, he said to let it out. Feel the emotions and be in it. I broke out crying right there. Spoke about some of the things she said during the breakup and some of the things I said and just basically vomited my emotions out. After a few minutes, my breathing settled and I calmed down. I felt the tears on my face but they had dried. My heart wasn't suffering anymore and I could think clearly from that point on.

I didn't have any freak outs or break downs after that, because I dealt with the emotions in one sitting. Do that and you will be much better suited to handle life and possibly (I say possibly because it might be a bad idea) try to get her back.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It was a mutual breakup, because we just didn't know how to fix our problems. Neither of us wanted it, because we loved each other but we didn't know what else to do. It hurt alot, but you can recover from this.

• Show All
    • *nods* hope it helps

• Most definitely thanks again :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I think Life is too short to be unhappy. I won't let anyone destroy myself. If someone cheating me. I will say that is good to know that soon. I won't waste my time to suffering about bad thing had happened. Forgot yester, Live today and Dream tomorrow. Whatever done is done. What are you going to do right NOW is the most moment to be Future that you want to be. If you want to be happy in future. Let's it be, Let's it go. I hope it help. Find a new girl and a better one.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just moved on with my life, literally. Doing what I was supposed to do then. I was in highschool when someone I loved broke up with me, and it was horrible. I had (and have) great friends and they were there for me, I had school, homework, studying, partying, ... and after a while I noticed that it didn't hurt that much anymore thinking about him. Now it's years later and it doesn't hurt, but I must admit, I still have a soft spot for him.

0|1
    0|0
  • She obviously wasn't the one you're meant to marry. I'd forget her. Just focus on yourself. Just think about the things she did that hurt you and realize you deserve better. You may have thought she seemed like the perfect girl but obviously she wasn't. Focus on why and just remember that and realize that you deserve better. Know what you want in a spouse and know what you need in her. Find that person. When you do, your mind will be blown and you will be falling for them faster then you'd ever had imagined and you will KNOW that she's the one. But until you find her, just try and focus on yourself some. Re-evaluate your priorities and your life. Get yourself together and then try and find her.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's hard... But you just have to have the will to stop... You also need to give yourself time. You can't force yourself to forget about someone, you'll eventually come back to them anyway. You just have to give your heart time to process what's happening and what needs to be done. And I'm saying this out of experience. I lost someone in 2011 (he's alive). I couldn't get over him until recently. I kind of made a promise to myself. I said I'd contact him one last time and if it still doesn't work out I'd give up for good. And I was able to. It's just about willpower and self respect.

0|1
    0|0
  • Basically it took me almost a year to get over my ex. but I let myself grief and let out all the crying and tears.. my frds stood by me and didn't let me alone so I don't think about him then I deleted all pics msgs and made sure not to see him so none of my feelings wake up. I assigned for some classes like are learn new language dancing keptmyself occoccupied and distracted till all of my feelings towards him were gone. .. it will be tough nothing will make it easier. . but keep in mind its just a matter of time and it will pass. best of luck

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for you're thoughts best of luck to you too :)

• I am over my ex this was like 4 years ago. now I have sb I adore and so happy and each time I look back now I laugh. so believe me as I said its just a matter of time and everything will be fine

• It sucks, I went through it recently and it was so difficult. Everyone told me that time heals everything and I didn't want to believe it because I only wanted him back. But it is true. You have to trust that in time you will feel better and stronger and you will be capable to finding someone who will love you back the way you love them.

People always a want a miracle cure, they think a break up can happen and if they aren't better in 24 hours, they need to get back with their ex because that's the only thing that will make them feel better. That's not true at all. Take time for you, take time with your friends and family. Find things that make you happy and little by little, day by day, you will start to feel whole again. And you will feel empowered. I promise. Heartache doesn't go away over night. It's better to suffer a bit of a broken heart and embark on a journey of fulfillment than to remain in an unhealthy relationship with someone who hurt you.

0|1
    0|0
  • The best way to get over someone you love is to occupy yourself with friends, and do happy things together. Overtime, you'll realize that you can still be happy without that particular girl.

For me I got over him when another guy told me he liked me. At the time I was still not over him but slowly this guy helped me forget about him and brought me many wonderful feelings.
    So I guess the best way to get over someone if to find someone else whom you will love even more.
    It's actually one of the quickest methods but make sure you don't choose the wrong person to love.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• You don't ever, really. You just move on the best you can. Easier for some than others.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes