Advise for getting over this guy I barely knew?

I met this guy about a month ago and we really hit it off. I went home with him but didn't sleep with him. He called me every day after that and we'd talk for hours. He told him he wasn't looking for anything serious because he was just ending something with someone else, though his actions sort of suggested otherwise. Anyway we went out and had the most amazing time. We came back to my place and didn't end up hooking up because he was feeling weird about his ex. He did end up staying the night and we just cuddled all night. He stayed the whole next day too.

The following week he didn't call me as much as the previous week. We met up again at a friend's party and were having a good time but then he kept disappearing to talk to another girl but then at one point told her and my friend that I was "the whole package." We all went out later and he and I left together and were chatting and turns out he'd been talking to the ex during the week, and started giving me the "I don't know what I want" line. Then when we all went out to the local pub he was spending most of the time with me, but when I left to go to the bathroom for 5 minutes I came back and he was flirting with some other girl.

At that point I'd had it. I walked over, told him I was leaving and walked out. He chased after me and we talked outside for a bit but he was still giving me the "I don't know what I want" line. I told him that I really like him but I can't do this. He needs to figure out what he wants. I fell too fast and we're clearly not in the same place but I can't watch while he figures himself out. I told him not to call or text me and I left.

I've held up the "no contact rule" even though I want to talk to him every day. I'm not optimistic that he will contact me and things will work out. I'm trying to move on but finding it really hard. I guess my question is, why, after 2 weeks am I still really heartbroken over a guy I was barely with? I should be fine by now!

01