What do girls do when a guy breaks their heart?

I just saw this question directed at guys and I'm curious as to what girls do. So what is it that girls do?

233

Most Helpful Girl

• They cry for sure, fight the feeling of contacting you every day until they don't feel like talking to you anymore, they read about how to get their ex back, they ask everyone they know their opinion on the situation, they force themselves to do productive things even though it hurts to get out of bed, the write all the things they didn't like about their ex down one day and then the next the journal is a full on love poem. They think about how they could run Into their ex and then hope it never happens, they cry some more and avoid sad songs. Taylor swift is always on repeat, they attempt to go on dates their friends set them up on but it never works out, it's hard bit it makes us stronger. Then we start doing things we love again, start catching up with friends we haven't spoken to in awhile, and they start feeling better again. Then a few months later we meet the next one.

What Girls Said 22

• Well it depends on how bad they hurt me. I have gone out with 8 people, technically 9 now. I got my heart broken in 9th grade, I was depressed for several months. It took me a year and a half to get over him. Another broke my heart a few months ago, I was very upset about it and would stay in my room with the light off and I would stay under the covers and cry and hardly ate anything and when I did, I stuffed my face with junk food. That only lasted a couple weeks and I was done with him. 7 of the (technically) 9 all broke up with me, only about 2 really hit me hard. I turned my cheek to others pretty much right away because I knew I didn't deserve them in the first place (I deserved better). If the guy I'm in love with now ever leaves, I have no idea what I'll do. All I can say is it would be the worst pain I've ever felt in my life and I wouldn't honestly know what to do with myself anymore. He just makes everything worth it and he makes all the pain and strife I have gone through so worth it and I'd do it ALL again just to come back to this place with him. I knew I deserved better than the last guys, but honestly I would usually think this one is way out of my league but he loves me back so I know I am super lucky.

• We have all had set backs in relationships.
    I think age does play a roll.
    My first crush was a boy in 4th grade and I was upset he didn't show any interest in me.
    By the time I was in HS I was learning fast, I mean almost by the hour. :)
    So instead of pledging my heart and soul to every guy, I played a little hard to get.

At 19 I can take most guys in stride. There's a lot of them out there.

• Mope, feel numb/hurt/alone. Mope some more. And just generally hurturr I think. I liked to listen to sad songs a lot too, but I really shouldn't because they only make me feel worse

• Cry, think too much, cry, look back on the good memories, cry, wish that the guy wasn't a complete fucktard, cry, eat ice cream, cry, feel like we aren't good enough, cry, think about the future we planned together, cry, listen to our friends tell us how shitty he is, cry. Basically cry a lot.

• wouldn't the fact that the guy is a "fucktard" make it easier?

• Yeah but you don't really see those kinds of qualities until they break your heart. Of course you can be angry and upset and tell yourself he's no good, but it doesn't change the fact that you once loved him and wanted a future with him.

• I go full-on Bridget Jones- tears, chocolate, listening to sad breakup songs, more chocolate... luckily I haven't had my heart broken too many times.. tbh this is mostly my reaction to petty crushes who turned out to be dickheadssss

• Be sad, hang out with friends and try to do more fun stuff.

• it's depends on how much close i was to him. I usually cry one night and then block him from my life and move on :)

• 1. Be confused, 2. CRY 3. Feel nothing and move on. ;)

• I don't know. I've never had my heart broken.

• I cry all the time

• I'll stare at him for a minute
    Take two step back
    Pick a flower and throw at him
    Yes, with the flower pot.
    END.

• They usually build up a wall around their heart, and carry the hurt to the next relationship, so then the next bf has the struggle of breaking the barrier down so she will let him in.

• Hmm I'm currently healing from one :)

Dwell in sadness for a few hours to a day then try to forget him. Usually takes quite a long time to forget though.

• Move on in life.

• Usually we cry
    Eat ice cream or slash his tires (:

• try to be happy again even if its hard sometimes. try to be happy se the bright side of things.

• This is actually pretty bad but this one guy broke my heart a few years ago and I got over him but I have never actually been on a date or spoken to a guy since basically the guy made me lose all my confidence

• Cry and be skeptical of the next man.. build my walls up higher and thicker

• Cry... Eat chocolate... won't think the next guy is seriously interested because of it... The usual.

• Cry... call and text him, hoping he will feel the same for me... and cry some more. Ugh, worst feeling ever. After a while ill get really angry because he hurt me then I plan revenge... then I cry for a little longer until I realize he's just not worth anymore of my tears or time.

• well said. exactly what im going thro. just not the revenge part

• Well, the fact that ur going through this now. I feel so bad because it's the worst feeling in the world. All I can say to you is that I hope you realize soon this man isn't worth your tears. Because any man that will put you through this pain isn't worth it at all. I hope u feel better soon.

• If I really really liked him. I cry for days.. Possibly weeks... I feel really bummed out for a couple more weeks after, then for another few weeks I'm not bummed anymore but I just miss them.

• I used to cry and be sad for a while. Now I just cut them out and lose all respect/feelings for them.

What Guys Said 3

• They go spend the night with their other guys, Jerry Greenfield and Ben Cohen.

moneysavingmom.com/.../...3010536a77667970c-pi.jpg

• how girls feel when they break up?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYM-RJwSGQ8

• oddly enough it does feel like life moves in slow motion like that. im dealing with a break up and him already talking to someone already. I didn't go out and party all the time tho.

• Bang a whole host of men by the looks of things.