My best friend doesn't want me to tell anyone about this secret but I really think I should tell someone, what should I do?

Ok so my best friend just told me the other day that his parents are getting a divorce, they have been married for 30 years and the reason she is leaving him is because she has been sleeping with her boss and her boss owns a really big company and is promising her millions of dollars. So she moved out and is living in some mansion that he bought her all by herself, but the thing is her boss has a family of his own and he's sleeping with my friends mom on the side. It's tearing both of their families apart. I feel awful about the whole thing and really want to tell my parents so maybe they can get some marriage counseling or something to try and help, the divorce isn't finalized yet... But I don't want to make my friend mad or cause any more pain to him by letting out the news , cause right now only him and his brothers know about it. My mom is good friends with his mom, should I tell her or keep quiet?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It is not your place to say anything to anyone. Your friend just needed to talk to someone and you were there for them, that's good, but that's where it ends. Don't meddle with other people's affairs.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Why the hell would your parents knowing help any? It's not like marriage counseling isn't an option already. If they wanted to save their marriage, they'd have taken action on their own.

No, this is happening, and you getting yourself involved will not work out well for you or anyone else.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• don't tell.. generally what's between you and your friend should always remain between you and your friend unless of course if his life is in danger... :)

0|0
    0|0
  • do not tell anyone. he told you that in confidence, and chances are your mom already knows. if you bring it up to anyone else, it will not be good...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes