Guys, When you've broken up with a girl do you talk to her afterwards?

My ex has started sending me casual fb messages, with questions such as 'How's life?' . He's the one who dumped me about 6 months ago. He also said we should go grab lunch sometime?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• He knows he made a mistake and is trying to see how you feel about reconciliation

• But the ending to our relationship didn't end badly, it was mutual but initiated by him?

• Then what are you waiting for?

• I think you have made my day, Thank you :)

What Guys Said 4

• Once in awhile online, we only broke up because she had to move out of the town with her family. We were still young so I can accept that.

• That's how this relationship ended, we lived too far away from each other.

• I've never been in a relationship, but I don't talk to the girls I wanted to be in a relationship with. I'm polite and humane when I have to be, but I don't seek out their company at all.

What you're describing is a guy having second thoughts. Being on his own was probably more of a drag than he thought compared to being with you. That's a lousy reason to stay in a relationship thought (IMO)

• So he's found out that the grass isn't always greener and he's trying to get the lay of the land when it comes to you. without knowing why you two broke up I can't speculate as to why he's doing it, but I'd guess he hasn't got laid for 6 months and is after a booty call.

• We broke up because of long distance on reasonably friendly terms, it was mutual but he initiated it, and now we live in the same city.

• Even if we never had sex?

• Yeah you live close now, I mean if he's half a man he's got a shot because he's got you thinking about him, that's half the battle.

• If i break up with her, It's because I don't want anything to do with her

What Girls Said 2

• i'm literally going through the same situation girl, i think you should meet up with him and see if there's still the same spark and connection you know?

• Any advice on how to start this conversation?

• just talk to him casually the way you would talk to anyone else just being friendly. then i guess as the conversation progresses you could ask him if he has any free time during the week where you two could meet up. you could just say you wanna catch up if he happens to ask, but just go and talk and be friendly, i wouldn't bring up anything to focused on the relationship or too emotional just yet.

• Thank you :)

• he wants another shot... take it slow!