Was I right in helping my husband when he needed me the most?

My soon to be ex husband got into some legal trouble, and here I come to the rescue. Some other stuff happened and he screwed me over, How can I move on and stop feeling guilty for what I did?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• You did the right thing as a person. If that alone cannot suffice then nothing will.

• I guess I did, but what hurt the most is for my husband to act like I didn't do anyhting for him.

• Which cannot reflect on your behavior. You can control nothing of him.

What Guys Said 3

• I see no reason for you to guilty for helping him. You made a commitment to help him when you married him. You have done what you promised to do when you became his wife.

• heavensgift2girls, thank you for that. I mean I just regret doing it, because at the end my husband hurt me. But you are right I did what needed to be done when I married him.

• I understand. You should feel proud of the fact you were a good wife that supported your husband. Hopefully your next husband will be worthy of you.

• Store it in a file titled "sometimes life sucks" and learn from it

• If you figure out the answer to that let me know please! :P

What Girls Said 1

• Just bc you're not in love with him anymore doesn't mean you don't have love for him. Don't beat yourself up for trying to be kind, but if doing so is destructive to you in any way, then you have to be strong and not even help.

• Holly, I helped him already and it hurts because he acts like i didn't mean a thing to him

• He's a jerk for that, but don't be mad at yourself. You thought you were doing good, but now you know better than to help him again. We live and learn :)