Are you able to move on from your current relationships without hurt or anger? Are you able to fully move onto a new relationship without forgiving the last person?

#GAGExpertChat Are you able to move on from your current relationships without hurt or anger? How do you go about forgiving an ex, do you need closure or can you move on without it? Are you able to fully move onto a new relationship without forgiving the last person?
This also has me thinking, are you friends with your exes? If a friendship existed before a relationship should the friendship last?
Do you think closure helps you get over someone or is this something we tell ourselves to feel better temporarily

3332

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly one of the hardest things to do in life is to forgive someone who hurt you. But I have to say that in the bible god recommends that you forgive other people and the realm for that is not to help the other person, it's to help you. Forgiveness allows you to get over the pain and not have it constantly go through your head and waste your time and wreck your life. And actually one of the hardest things to do is forgive yourself. I still can't forgive myself for certain things and it's a burden. One day I will though after I make up for what I've done. Real talk

• True, it seems much harder to forgive our selves than other people, but we have to forgive everyone even ourselves to move on properly don't you think?

• Absolutely, it helps a lot when you don't have that burden in your life