Guys, what do you mean when you break up with someone for not being able to give them what they want?

My boyfriend broke up with me saying that he has too much going on in his life and he can't give me what I need right now.

I do know there's a lot going on with his life. I'm crushed because I love him so much and I had been asking to spend time with him. We've only seen each other a few times for like 20 minutes over the last two months. And I missed him. I've been understand of him being busy for months so when he made plans to finally spend the day with me, I got really upset when he told me he'd be 6 hrs late. :(

I was crying and asked what's the point in him even showing up since it was now so late at night. And he broke up with me.

So guys, what do you mean when you break up with someone and tell them you can't give then what they need?

Is this just an excuse not to see someone anymore, could he really be over me? Really be busy?

I'm so confused because I just wanted to see him. :(

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Exactly that. He knows it's unfair to keep you waiting in the wings for him when he doesn't have enough time to devote to you. He can't give you what you desire. Time with him.

What Guys Said 3

• He means that he's not able to give you what you want (which is being able to see him alot), and he'd rather that both of could find someone else who can give exactly what you two want.

Maybe he really is this busy, maybe its just am excuse to break up with you, I don't know. Either way I think that you two would be better with different people

• He is a lying sack of piece of crusty shit, he wanted to break up with you and what he said to you was the most tried shitty lie you can tell someone to break up with them.

I mean come on, seen you 20 minutes in over how long? Shows up late to tell you he is dumping you? Get with the program and see this shit for what it is.

Move on, find a guy that deserves you.

• He does not like you that much. If you love someone you will find the time. Or even if no time you will beg them to wait until you do have the time.

Move on and find a guy that worships you and does not run his love by the clock.

What Girls Said 1

• He's busy. He has other things going on. The doesn't want the the burden of you added to his already full plate.