How do I get over a guy that I was so happy with?

Long story short he is Korean and I am a white American. His parents objected to us dating because of my race. They pressured him so much until he was forced to break up with me rather than constantly fight with his parents.

In our relationship we were always so happy. I've never been in a relationship like it. We really were a perfect match. But now everything has fallen apart. I feel broken by this. I've been trying to attempt to meet other guys to date but every time I even look at a guy I just think of him.
He says he can only be friends with me. I don't understand how he can just turn off his feelings just because his parents tell him to? He is 27 years old. Its not like we are children. I guess his older brothers girlfriend is Korean and was introduced to him by his parents.. I just don't know what to do to get over him. I just feel horrible no matter how busy I keep myself.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• We have it out for you.

I really don't have anything special or crazy to tell you, I'd just suggest doing stuff you enjoy, and trying to avoid being reminded of him.
    It'll also just take some time, and you'll start thinking of him less and less until you just don't anymore.
    Chin up, soldier on.

Most Helpful Girl

• you really need to date guys.. it helps a lot to see your value and get perspective. go to ok cupid... have some coffee.

• dont give up... it will take at least ten dates to really start changing your focus