Boyfriend slept with 9 girls when we were on a break? Do I have a right to be angry?

We got together in our first year of uni, when we were 18, and we stayed together for 6 years. It was important to both of us that we waited to have sex with someone we really cared about and 6 months into the relationship we lost it to each other.

6 weeks ago I told him that we needed to take a break, I didn't know who I was outside of the relationship. He took it pretty badly and just avoided me. About a week ago I got in contact with him and we started up again. I knew that he'd been with one other girl, but he told me today that it was actually 9! He said that he thought that it was a break up and that he thought that he waited to have sex for nothing.

I don't know what to think. Do I have a right to be angry? He's had sex with 10 girls now. I was with one other guy but we never had sex, only other stuff. It makes me feel sick thinking about it.
He wasn't lying about it. It was a heart to heart moment where we were telling each other the truth, so that we could move forward.

1222

Most Helpful Guy

• sorry no you don't have a right to be angry. it was your decision to take a break. however you can be sad. the fact that he slept with that many women... well it shows that he doesn't really care as much as you do about your relationship. if he really cared for you he wouldn't have slept with anyone.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I know that he would have never cheated on me if we were still in a relationship. I don't think it means that he doesn't care.

He said he thought that i had left him and he was trying to make himself feel better.

• well obviously you still want him because you're defending him right now. you know what you want. you don't need me to tell you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, unless you talked explicitly about what a "break" meant and mutually agreed that you would not have sex with other people during your break, then in my opinion, he hasn't done anything wrong and I don't think you have the "right" to be angry.

You can certainly feel hurt or bothered by the fact that he had sex with other people. That said, if you want to have a relationship with him, particularly a healthy relationship, you're going to need to find a way to get past those feelings. If you don't think you can, then you shouldn't resume the relationship.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE