What is going on in a guys mind after a break up?

My boyfriend broke up with me. About 2 weeks after we broke up he texted me to see how I was doing and then after I replied with saying good and then he just read it and didn't answer. A couple weeks later I found out he was making fun of me with his friends so I texted him to confront him. He texted me an enormous amount of times after that apologizing. I kept ignoring his apologies so he kept texting. The next day he texted again trying to apologize and again I ignored him. I wanna get back together with him but it's been over a month since this happened. I keep telling myself that if he wanted to get back together with me he would text me but tbh I can't really blame him if he doesn't text me even if it turns out that he does want to get back together considering how I ignored him. Guys what do you think? Why was he making fun of me like that and is there any chance he might wanna get back together but is too afraid to text in fear of getting ignored? What do I do?
We haven't talked at all since the time he made fun of me and then I kept ignoring him.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• "My boyfriend broke up with me. About 2 weeks after we broke up he texted me to see how I was doing and then after I replied with saying good and then he just read it and didn't answer."

You said you were "good" he didn't respond because it probably wasn't the response he wanted. He probably wanted you to beg for him to come back or respond "I miss you" or something.

"A couple weeks later I found out he was making fun of me with his friends so I texted him to confront him."

From my experience with my guy friends, they make fun of people to make themselves feel better. It's not mature at all. And when it comes to "exes" people tend to always harp on the negatives rather than the positives.

As for your question about getting back with him: I personally wouldn't. He broke up with you, he made fun of you. He would have to do a lot to make it up to you to be worthy enough to date again. But as of now, I'd move on. I'm sure you can find someone who's nicer and more caring.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I kinda always thought about it as oh he didn't answer cause he didn't care or he made fun of me cause he hates me but you're right, thanks for the new perspective!