I am so torn about what to do?

Two of my best friends are engaged. He has been diagnosed schizophrenic and prone to violent seizures, along with dissociation from reality and stress issues. She is taking complete care of him while they are living with his parents.
I confessed today that I love her, and we kissed. She told me she loved me, too, and that she's been contemplating leaving her fiancée. He doesn't know about us, nor about her thinking of leaving him. I don't know what to do at this point. He needs her for support, but she needs him to be mentally stable before she can continue with her life, and he's only getting worse.
I don't want to hurt either of them if I can help it, but I know someone is going to end up hurt. What should I do?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• let her stay with him. you can pick up somebody else.

• Thing is, she is getting sick and tired of being his caretaker. I want them to stay together, but what should I do if and when they do fall apart?

What Girls Said 2

• She won't leave him, so let her stay. He can't be stable if he doesn't have a stable support system. Schizophrenia is a very difficult thing to 'fix'.

• Dont further mingle in this relationship! Just back out.

What Guys Said 1