It has been 2 months and I am still not moving on, help please!?

He broke up with me 2 months ago and said he really wanted to be friends but I refused since I wanted him to commit. If im not good enough for a commitment then why would I settle for a friendship, also.. it would be impossible. So I said I want to forget I ever knew him. He said "If that will make you feel better, I'll do it. All I want is for you to be happy". Its the least he could do after chasing me, pursuing me and making a move. Only to back out once I decide to give in. I have never had guys TRULY like me. Yes they show interest blabla and I usually move on just fine. But he was my bestfriend, my companion, support, everything. I was all that for him too. For the first time in my life, I can't seem to be moving on. I moved to Italy, started a new life and have been keeping myself busy and active. But nothing stops me from thinking of him every day, nothing makes me forget our relationship, nothing makes me stop yearning for him. My pride doesn't allow me to want it but my true feelings remain the same. I am tired of still being in love with someone who discarded of me after we shared something so good. Why am I not moving forward? Its supposed to get easier with time.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• 2 months might seem like a long time but in the grander scheme of things it's pretty quick to expect yourself to already have moved on. Most of my break ups took at least 6 months and that was the quickest... you still need to give this time. A broken heart isn't healed in a few weeks. You also might feel like you're not making progress but you most likely are more than you realize. Just keep going and going... patience is the key to heartbreak. Love will find you again when you least expect it.