Major ex dilemma... any advice?

I broke up with my boyfriend of 9 months about a month ago. I know 9 months isn't that much time but it was the longest relationship he had. I've had a 4 year relationship before so 9 months was barely anything to me. So its been less than a month and he already found a girl and tell her he loves her and posts pics of them together and dedicates songs to her. Things he never did for me (except say he loved me) so I decided if he moved on so should I. I erased him everything like social media and my contacts. That same day he wants to text me angrily that I'm acting like I'm moving on? He wants to stay friends but it still hurts me to see him with this girl. I don't know how to handle my jealousy just to stay friends with him. I'm super confused on what to do. Any advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That staying friend with ex's things is tricky business. So much effort and for what or maybe you just need time. Days, Weeks, Months I don't know whatever it takes for you to see him with another female and be happy he happy? do you feel that? When you can feel that you can be friends. Till then Ivote time apart clear your head see whats around breathe enjoy.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you honestly want to stay friends with this guy? You need to find that out for yourself. If you don't really think it's worth it, don't sweat it too much.

If you do, tell him you want to be friends eventually. You can be honest and tell him it hurts to see him with another girl so soon, or you can say it will simply take some time since you just broke up. It's normal to need time to decompress after a break up, no matter how long you dated.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• Well, he's being a hypocrite then, and you don't need to stay friends with him. He's got a girl now, so he can bugger out of your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's kind of dumb for him to text you angrily saying you're acting like you're moving on when he's clearly moving on. Maybe what he was doing was an attempt to make you jealous and then since you deleted him off your social media, he noticed and was upset thinking that his attempts failed. It's understandable for you to be jealous and being friends with him while you're still not over the relationship/break up isn't a great idea right now because it's just gonna make you more and more upset. If he is upset about not being friends just say I think I need space for a while and then when you feel like you've moved on somewhat or all the way, talk to him again.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes