Major ex dilemma... any advice?

I broke up with my boyfriend of 9 months about a month ago. I know 9 months isn't that much time but it was the longest relationship he had. I've had a 4 year relationship before so 9 months was barely anything to me. So its been less than a month and he already found a girl and tell her he loves her and posts pics of them together and dedicates songs to her. Things he never did for me (except say he loved me) so I decided if he moved on so should I. I erased him everything like social media and my contacts. That same day he wants to text me angrily that I'm acting like I'm moving on? He wants to stay friends but it still hurts me to see him with this girl. I don't know how to handle my jealousy just to stay friends with him. I'm super confused on what to do. Any advice?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• That staying friend with ex's things is tricky business. So much effort and for what or maybe you just need time. Days, Weeks, Months I don't know whatever it takes for you to see him with another female and be happy he happy? do you feel that? When you can feel that you can be friends. Till then Ivote time apart clear your head see whats around breathe enjoy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you honestly want to stay friends with this guy? You need to find that out for yourself. If you don't really think it's worth it, don't sweat it too much.

If you do, tell him you want to be friends eventually. You can be honest and tell him it hurts to see him with another girl so soon, or you can say it will simply take some time since you just broke up. It's normal to need time to decompress after a break up, no matter how long you dated.