Do guys mind never officially getting married? Bc I NEVER want to get married!! I have this huge fear of getting a divorce?

My parents got divorced when I was younger and it destroyed them both. Now I have a huge fear of getting a divorce. Im scared getting married will ruin everything. I always picture sceneriers or evrythibg going wrong. My biggest fear is not being happy anymore like my parents. Would most guys be okay with not officially getting married for years and years and just be a couple?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont know... Most guys always dream of their wedding when they are young... (that wasn't a joke). But if i can give you any advice its this, " Love isn't a season, coming and going, changing with time. Love is an evergreen, never fading, never dieing." (E. C.) This is to say that when you find someone that you truly love you will know, and that love will last forever, never fading. You will have no problem marrying when you meet the right guy.

And if the guy insists upon having a wedding you could just get married in another country.

• but thats what everyone says/feels... until they get a divorce

• Well than go get married in mexico. Nothing will ever be legal, but you get to have a wedding. Also dont let fear control you, if you think you found the 'one' than you ave to take the risk.

Most Helpful Girl

• What is it about divorce that scares you? Is it the money/etc. that goes along with it? Or the break up?

• No its that I want to be happy with the same person for ever. Im scared I won't be happy bc of the divorce.

• Would you rather live with a guy with no commitment or promise of forever and have it end, or live a happy married life for as long as it lasts? A fear of divorce is natural, but it shouldn't stop you from getting married. If you love someone, it will hurt you just as bad to break up with them, even if you aren't married. if/when you decide to marry, make sure your values are the same regarding divorce, and work hard to keep your relationship alive.