What do guys do after a break-up?

What do men really think, feel and do in the aftermath of a break-up? There are a lot of myths that fly around, but I'm trying to get to the bottom of what you really experience in those weeks following a split. I'm a writer looking for a few recently single guys to tell me about their experiences, whether you've been out on the pull every night or been drowning your sorrows, feel down or feel relieved, wish it wasn't over or are glad it is done, or aren't quite sure how you're feeling yet - please get in touch, I'd love to hear from you! My email is kate. russell@hearst. co. uk - thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys deal with it differently, but personally, I try to keep myself really busy during the day. I will pick up a new hobby, go out with friends, etc. Pretty much anything to get my mind off of the breakup. However at the end of the day when I go to bed, I still think about the relationship and what it could have been. During the first two weeks after the breakup, I kept replaying our conversations in my head and tried to figure out what I did wrong. The emotions were a mixture of anger, sadness, but mostly longing. After two weeks, I started to get my life together again, but occasionally, still catch myself thinking about her when I daydream. It's odd because I know that we will never be together, but I still wish the best for her. That's pretty much where I am right now (2 months later).

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I went out parties with friends, hang around them, do yoga, shopping, eating, meet new people and date new guys. Listening to cheer up music.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• lol u want us to email you how we feel? We feel like shit from day one, then after a week things calm down a little and we act as if we are over it but the truth is we are suppressing our feelings and when we see the ex we feel like shit, our blood boils if she is with someone else and we want to have someone way hotter then her

1|1
    0|0
  • I drink, hate women for a while, go over what I learned, drink, hate women a little less, find some silly strumpet and pretend to be happy with her, try to start tolerating women again and not fall for the same bullshit, wash rinse and repeat. This is a fairly long process.
    Now i have rules in regard to women that basically mean i don't leave myself open for wicked games women play.

0|0
    0|0
  • After a 4 year relationship I went through the first month sort of angry/upset feeling very emasculated and inadequate. Then I started drinking for 12 months, my life went downhill, I got depressed, the ex got a new boyfriend and I didn't pull any chicks for 18 months so I was tearing my brain apart.
    After almost 18 months of misery I pulled myself out of the shit hole I was in. Started changing myself, the way I dressed, stopped drinking, new hobbies, more outgoing got very fit and healthy but guess what, 4 years on and I still don't have a new girlfriend and although I am now completely over the ex my heart now aches from loneliness. I hate being single.

2|0
    0|1
  • "How I missed her! How I missed her! How I missed my Clementine, Till I kissed her little sister, And forgot my Clementine." The only thing that can make the pain go away and heal the scars is another woman, even if she's just a friend, Their emotional intelligence can help them recognize the damage and they effectively heal it.

After the break up I'm thinking about how she screwed me over. I mean, I made my share of mistakes but they're nothing compared to hers. Girls become extremely unfair during arguments and say things that can really piss you off... and the worst part is that they continue to do it because they know they can get away with it, Not only that, they guilt, delude and shame us... or at least try their best!

Then I remember all the good times and how lovely she was. Keep thinking about whether it was the right thing to do or not. Whether I really am guilty or not.

Like I said, the sooner I find a nice woman the sooner I forget.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes