What do guys do after a break-up?

What do men really think, feel and do in the aftermath of a break-up? There are a lot of myths that fly around, but I'm trying to get to the bottom of what you really experience in those weeks following a split. I'm a writer looking for a few recently single guys to tell me about their experiences, whether you've been out on the pull every night or been drowning your sorrows, feel down or feel relieved, wish it wasn't over or are glad it is done, or aren't quite sure how you're feeling yet - please get in touch, I'd love to hear from you! My email is kate. russell@hearst. co. uk - thanks!

15

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys deal with it differently, but personally, I try to keep myself really busy during the day. I will pick up a new hobby, go out with friends, etc. Pretty much anything to get my mind off of the breakup. However at the end of the day when I go to bed, I still think about the relationship and what it could have been. During the first two weeks after the breakup, I kept replaying our conversations in my head and tried to figure out what I did wrong. The emotions were a mixture of anger, sadness, but mostly longing. After two weeks, I started to get my life together again, but occasionally, still catch myself thinking about her when I daydream. It's odd because I know that we will never be together, but I still wish the best for her. That's pretty much where I am right now (2 months later).

Most Helpful Girl

• I went out parties with friends, hang around them, do yoga, shopping, eating, meet new people and date new guys. Listening to cheer up music.