My ex-boyfriend who broke up with me wants to be friends?

My ex and I broke up January 2014 after a year of dating. He is 8 years older than me (I am 25 while he is 33). We rarely fought and if we had a disagreement, it's mostly because of me and my insecurities. One night, we had a huge fight because of my family problems and how I handle it (I was basically putting my anger onto him). We broke up and I was devastated! I tried to make it work with him by buying him expensive gifts and apologizing for the way I acted but nothing worked. He said that he doesn't want to be in a relationship in awhile and if he ever feels like working things out again, he will let me know. He also said a lot of things like "you're the best girlfriend I've had" and other things that relate to that (but I believe he only said that due to guilt). I stopped contacting him after a month into the break up and started to dating someone else. Months past and in August 2014, he contacted me & wanted to catch up. He was persistent in asking me to hang out but I kept saying no until I gave in in September. When we hung out, he basically said he's not looking for a relationship because he has commitment issues and he probably won't be ready in a couple of years. This really confuses me because why do you want to talk to me again? Like don't you think you've done enough to my feelings that you have to come back to my life to basically tell me the same thing? So a week after we hung out, I called him and told him that it's not a good idea to be friends and that we need to just move on. He kept calling me saying that I'm perfect for him, and he regrets breaking up with me but at the same time he doesn't want a relationship. I gave in and thought okay I guess we can be friends. Now we're basically friends with benefits. We see each other ever 1-2 weeks and I don't know what his intentions are but I'm ready to give up. What do you think I should do and how do I get over this? Am I just a safety net for him?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 2

• He only wants you when he can't have you. I can relate to that because sometimes I'm only attracted to guys when I think I I can't have them. Move on. He's not being fair to you. He may also be hoping for a friends with benefits .

0|0
    0|0
  • He managed to wrap you around his finger and use you! Wow. What a douche!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes