Who's been cheated on and stayed... and does this feeling ever go away?

When you've been cheated on more than once by someone, and you've confronted them, they've admitted it all, talked through it, have admitted both your responsibilities in it and what was going wrong in the relationship that lead to it and are FIXING ALL THAT... does the worry that they'll do it again or lie to you again ever go away? They did it before, they lied, more than once, they didn't learn the first time... does that fear ever go away?
Any stories from people who've experienced this?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it does, if you truly forgive and let go.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks man. What's your experience?
      I've forgiven and feel I've finally let it all go, it's just the fear that sticks around, which maybe only time with her acting trustworthy can heal?

• Thanks man. I've done that too, and told her that if it ever happens a third time (or anything like it), this is her last chance, so make better choices this time.

• If you've settled it and laid down the law and are adamant with it you have nothing to fear. You know you and that is really what matters in a relationship; try to trust them to the fullest extent possible but always know and trust yourself and where you stand.