Does how a guy act during a break up mean anything about his true feelings?

If they're angry and blame it all on you, is that acting out of passion? if they're cold and distance does that mean they're hurt? if they act completely fine with it does that mean they also wanted to break up? How do you guys usually act during a break up?
  • angry says things like "it's your fault" = unresolved issues
  • cold, only says a few things like "well you made up your mind" = hurt
  • indifferent/fine with it says things like "it's probably for the best" = agrees you should break up
    Vote C
  • other, please describe?
    Vote D
I guess the poll question is more like which is more accurate?
if you answer other can you please describe

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Anger is just anger it doesn't really tell you anything other than he doesn't like it. Because anger makes us want to blame something and it'll just latch on to whatever.

Cold could mean he didn't care too much or that he's hurt and wants to not deal with it for a while, the feelings will slowly trickle in and he'll process them little by little.

Being fine, could mean truly fine, or it could mean he's just putting on a good front, trying to play it cool, when in actuality he's dying inside.

• which do you think means they're actually hurt by it?

• so to you he was being cold and distant to keep from showing his feelings?

• Not showing them is part of it, but if he really felt strongly about you then he probably feels like he would be overwhelmed if he had to much contact with you. It's more about avoiding painful emotions.

Most Helpful Girl

• The thing about guys is that they usually don't show emotions often, especially when they're hurt, so the "indifference" attitude could really go both ways.
    My boyfriend and I separated for a few month a while ago. We always kept in touch because our feelings for each other never left nor weakened, but during the break up he was often cold and acted like he didn't care, or tried to make it seem like that. Which would make me think he actually didn't care (wasn't the case, as a matter of fact he directly told me this later, the wall he put up was because of the fact the breakup was so hard on him).
    If he had never cared to begin with, he could've been just as indifferent though (hence, it could go both ways)

• well we weren't official but we had been seeing each other, for the second time (he got back in touch with me because I was gone for a while) and I just said I couldn't do it because during serious conversations he could barely say anything about the relationship, he had a bad experience, but still, all I had heard him say so far was that he really liked me, and of course other really genuine compliments on my looks/intelligence. but when I broke it off he was very cold and when I asked him if he had anything to say he just said "well you've made up your mind" and was just in general not comforting, not kind, none of that, it made me feel really bad and I miss him. I want to be able to talk to him again in the future.

• Maybe, but I'm not him, so I can't tell you what he feels b/c I'm not in his head. No one is, you can get advice but you can never be sure of how accurate it is because he's the only one who really knows himself, you know? And that's good but love isn't about possession, remember that. Just because you love someone doesn't mean they're THE ONE, or even need to be in your life, really. You can (and should) love people in general. If you can't love someone as a love, love them as a friend. Don't expect people to be "yours".

• well all I was looking for to be answered was whether or not it seemed like he was hurt by what I did, that he cared enough about it in some way (he acted cold, said "well you've made up your mind" I know you can't read his thoughts, I'm just trying to get reads on behavior