My ex boyfriend told me he wants to be best friends, what does that mean?

My ex boyfriend text me yesterday and says he wants to be best friends he was my first love and I was his? Should I try it out or tell him no

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Means he wants to keep that emotional connection and keep having sex, but he also wants sexual freedom

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay so is that a bad thing I mean I do t want the sexual part , yeah I'm gal we are back talking but like how do I know where we stand without sex

• Show All
    • I mean cause if I have the sexual part I will catch feelings and I know he will too

• YOLO

Most Helpful Girl

• He'll probably just string you along. I'm not friends with my ex at all, I keep my distance for him. I look at being friends with an ex as weird, it doesn't always work. You can start to catch feelings for them again, and get your hopes up for no reason. I think he just wants to string you along and play with your feelings. If you want to be friends with him that's up to you. I would just move on if i were you, I wouldn't waste my time. My ex and I were not friends at all, were more like strangers we don't talk or anything.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• It really depends on how it affect you and if you are single or not.

If you are single then yes a friendship can work out. :)
    But if you are in a relationship with another boyfriend, I would say stay in touch with him, but don't get too close. It can affect you emotional.

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants you back. Men do not want to be "best friends" with a woman that is not their significant other.

1|1
    0|0
    • Aww, but I have a lot of guy bestfriends :"(

• No. Women love to think that. If they are straight, 100% of them, if the situation was right, will have sex with you if they had the chance. If your both single and you offer... every one wants to screw you. Only women will think "oh, he is just the best friend..." nope. we stay friends so we are on your mind and on the radar in case situation changes and we get our chance.

• He's in a reflective phase you'll end up just going through the entire process that has already transpired again

2|0
    0|0
  • Iv been best friends with my first ex for almost 18 years now

Its can become a great friendship

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him to go to the bathroom cause he's full of shit

4|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 9

• Hello friends i want to share my testimony and how grateful i'm since my lover came back to me because of the grate help Lord Masuka whose email address is lordmasukaspelltemple@hotmail. com. com render to me. my boyfriend broke up with me first week of July this year because he thought i was cheating on him, he told me that his friends has been telling him that i have been seeing someone else when he is not around i tried to make him understand that his friends are lying to him but he did not give me the chance to explain to him this was how he left me. after a month of our breakup i tried to live a normal life without him but it was very hard for me to cope then i decided to contact Lord masuka via his mobile number +2347053105287 and his email address lordmasukaspelltemple@hotmail. com which i came across this months September 12th during my search looking for help how to get my lover back he cast a love spell for me and make my lover to come back to me within the period of 48hours. with this grate joy in my heart i want to say a big thanks to lord masuka he is the best spell caster and he is the best solution.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah. We'd speak to him because he and his slaves cannot spell "great" wonderful.

• Hahaha. I would laugh my face off. He wants to be best friends? That would be a great lie to behold. The least we could do is stay friends. NOT best friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how you guys broke up, but if it wasn't a terrible break up and i say yes you should.

1|0
    0|0
  • He is trying to tease you. looking for a fuck buddy

1|0
    0|0
  • That he just wants to be best friends?
    Guys usually mean what they say, unlike girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Short answer: sex
    Long answer: seeeeeeexxxxxxxxx

1|0
    0|0
    • ok thats not true lol, dont mislead her silly

It really isn't Miss Buchita

• Show All
    • Why you like using the word 'fuck, sex' oh yea and 'bone' too

Really lol... what kinda girl are you

Can you sit back put your hair up and knock back a brewskie too

• @TripleAce is there anything bad about that? SORRY lol :P

I'm a tomboy and very crass.

No. I don't like beer but I can put my hair up :)

• You shouldn't. He is trying to tease you.

1|0
    0|0
  • He just wants to fuck you.

1|2
    0|0
  • He probably wants to be a friend (not a real best friend) with benefits. Or he could literally just want to be your best friend but since he's your ex it would probably not be a good friendship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being friends with someone you love or loved never works. And if you can be just friends that means you still have feelings for them or you never did. I had an ex that I loved with all my heart and we stayed "friends" and it was the complete opposite. We still hung out all the time, kissed, had sex, hell we didn't even talk to other people. It's never good to be "just friends" and really expect that to be it. Maybe if you were considering getting back together you could try being best friends and go from there. But if you don't want to get back together, just let him go.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes