My ex boyfriend told me he wants to be best friends, what does that mean?

My ex boyfriend text me yesterday and says he wants to be best friends he was my first love and I was his? Should I try it out or tell him no

• Yes
  • No

106

Most Helpful Guy

• Means he wants to keep that emotional connection and keep having sex, but he also wants sexual freedom

• Okay so is that a bad thing I mean I do t want the sexual part , yeah I'm gal we are back talking but like how do I know where we stand without sex

• I mean cause if I have the sexual part I will catch feelings and I know he will too

• YOLO

Most Helpful Girl

• He'll probably just string you along. I'm not friends with my ex at all, I keep my distance for him. I look at being friends with an ex as weird, it doesn't always work. You can start to catch feelings for them again, and get your hopes up for no reason. I think he just wants to string you along and play with your feelings. If you want to be friends with him that's up to you. I would just move on if i were you, I wouldn't waste my time. My ex and I were not friends at all, were more like strangers we don't talk or anything.