Confused feelings about my ex?

I just want to preface this saying, I am in a happy committed relationship with my current girlfriend. I love her and she is the best woman I've ever had in my life. I don't regret anything about our relationship.

But yesterday I came across my ex girlfriends new boyfriend (I didn't know who he was at the time). We share a mutual friend on Facebook and my friend commented on his status that randomly showed up in my newsfeed. His profile picture was of him and my ex.. so at this point I was too curious not to look. I checked out his profile and saw that they started dating exactly 1 month after my current gf and I got together (we've been together just under a year). That time line isn't really relevant to the question.

Anyways, I checked him out a bit and the obvious comparing myself to him came up. Even tho I don't in any way want her back, I had these emotions and I was confused. I see her with the new guy through pictures (I made it so I can't see posts from his page anymore) and see that she's happy and I can't help but feel a little upset that she's doing well. In my head I think that I want her to be happy, but when I see that she is I kind of hate it. During our breakup she was a really shitty person and part of me thinks she should suffer for those things. Her mother was a bit of a racist and told her that she was settling for me back when we were together, which just pissed me off. I was a college student and working part time for 3 years. Quit my job to focus on my degree and her mother used my 3 months of being unemployed as a reason that she was settling. I'm still a little bitter over that.

Anyways, the breakup in the end was mutual. She said that maybe we should take a break for awhile and I jumped on board and said, let's just skip that part and breakup because I'm not happy and I don't think a break will change that. The next day she sent me a letter saying that she didn't think we should get back together. I guess she wanted to have the last word and maintain some kind of pride, since I pretty much dumped her the night before. We broke up with eachother
I'm just trying to let go of whatever attachment I have to her in my brain/heart right now. We broke up a little over 3 years ago. I don't know if I'm still harboring some anger anger her, if I'm jealous or that I'm missing her. We don't talk and I don't want to talk to her or have her in my life. I guess I'm just displeased that she's happy again?
I don't get this way about other exes, she's the only one. I broke up with the others on good terms tho

174

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that what you're feeling is regret of breaking up. I agree that it's natural, especially if she was a shitty person with you (sounds like she was). It's not like you wish that person harm, but when you see someone who didn't treat you good doing well a little peice of you kinda wishes karma got to them good.

• This response has been the first to actually speak to my heart. I think this is probably the reason. She acted so selfishly, during and after and I literally dud nothing that called for it. Our mutual friends agreed outside of her family

• And this