Why are toxic relationships so hard to leave?

I have just ended the most toxic relationship ever. I am a really smart girl, I have been through a lot of crap in my 35 years. I have always been really strong. When the shoe doesn't fit this Cinderella moves on fast. For some reason this relationship is KILLING me. I've never been more aware of how horribly wrong a relationship is, but I miss him so bad I just want to crawl into a ball and die.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It becomes an addiction. And couple that with low self esteem, and you start to feel like you deserve the bad treatment. Time will help. And no contact. You will get your swagger back

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Do you understand the chemical composition of love and addition. Find a tea that will nullify the oxytocin and drop the dopamine which will ease the pain.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No contact and it will get better with time. It's so hard but just keep doing your own thing, cry when you need to, talk about it a lot, write it down, pre occupy yourself. It will get better and worse then better again. It's hard. But time is the only way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it is because you have adapted to the abuse and the abuse satisfies you because you are used to it. When you adapt and learn new ways of relating to people - you will over time - lose your interest both in this previous relationship and in similar types of relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because apparently love is like cocaine according to neurologists

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes