Does my ex want me back or not?

I am so confused:( My boyfriend broke up with me about a month ago. He is really insecure and he covers it up with extreme arrogance so I find it really hard to know what he's thinking. We had an amazing relationship and we were really happy. However, he convinced himself that I didn't love him as much as he loved me, and I'm sure I didn't help matters by always having a bit of a guard up with him. So anyway, I cut contact with him because I read it was the best thing to do if I wanted him back. He has gotten back in contact with me over the last few weeks and has been telling me he loves me, misses me, etc. He has also been making a big effort with my friends, something he never did before. On nights out he comes over to me to talk, and has kissed me. He has also spoken to my friends about things, telling them that he loves me very much. I will totally admit that I have had a huge guard up, for fear of getting hurt. I just don't know if he wants me back or not. Surely if he did he would just ask me back? Please someone, help:(
Does my ex want me back or not?
Add Opinion