Do you have that one song that reminds you of a past relationship and it depresses you so much?

I used to love this song so much, but now whenever I hear it I start feeling teary eyed and I just can't be happy. Anyone else feel this sometimes?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Lucky by Jason Mras and Colbie Calliet (Idk if I spelled those right, haha)
    Yeah... I had a one sided love relationship and he just couldn't love me. I think it was because of my cynicism but I've learned to be better about that. The past doesn't define our present but paves the change to the future in the way that you choose to change it. I chose a new song for myself. A countersong, if you will.
    Human - Christina Perry :)

What Girls Said 3

• Come Away With Me- Sons of The East https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8yuTJyXWmI
    It's the ONLY song to where I can't stand listening to without crying. It wasn't from a past relationship but rather from an unrequited love. My dream is to be listening to this song along the desert rode with my feet on the car dashboard, sunglasses on, during the evening, with the man I have been in love with for the past 4 years. We will just laugh at sweet nothings while eating slim jims. But that will most likely never happen, I've accepted it.

• If you have ever seen Silver Linings Playbook, I can relate to the main character listening to "My Cherie Amour"

• I have one song and it gives me mixed emotions but that is likely because I haven't learned how to deal with his death... just hasn't sunk in yet. I know what you mean though.

• Yeah, I do. Even though I don't feel sad about it anymore, there are songs I can't listen to.

What Guys Said 0