Why is it always women who come out on top during a divorce?

I mean in cases of mutual consent where the lady takes everything the guy owns, in most cases. Who will fight for men? there's no menizm.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's also because women are so close to their friends... much closer than men in a lot of cases so they have a lot more support

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• By menzim I think you are referring to male rights activists or MRA. Women don't come out ahead as often as they use to. Now women coming out ahead has more to do with them hiring scumbag lawyers while the guy ignorantly believes she will play fair.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 4

• I'm not sure your premise is actually true. Do you have any data to back up your assumption?

1|0
    0|1
    • not the absolutely best source, but it does source its information uk.askmen.com/.../166_fashion_style.html
      So yes it's true. The woman is more likely to get the kids, his net worth drops by 77% (if they had split it equally that would've been 50%), AND society shames him. Tell me more about how it is equal.

• Here's the subject from a different perspective: www.workingmother.com/special-reports/custody-lost

Overall, what's happening is a gradual change from "traditional" gender roles. It used to be assumed that women raise the kids and men support the family, which naturally resulted in women getting the kids in divorce, and men paying child support. As women have become a more equal part of the workforce, this is changing. I couldn't find a graph of how fast it's changing over time, but I'd be interested in that data if anyone can find it.

• Well since feminism is about equality and cares just as much about men as it does women, they are fighting hard to correct this injustice.

Oh, wait... no they don't and no they're not. LOL.

In general society cares far more about women than it does men. But feminism still has everyone duped into believing that women are always the victims and men are always the bad guys. It would be funny if it weren't so harmful to men.

0|0
    0|0
    • Feminists actually do believe that men and women should be treated equally in divorce. There's a lot of pushes for more equality with regards to child custody in particular. I mean, there are some misandrists out there, don't get me wrong, but the overall movement is for equality.

• Yeah, sure bro. LOL.

• Because the laws treat men as second class citizens. Especially the family court

0|0
    0|1
  • Because the patriarchy! \o/

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes