My dumper is trying to be friends?

its been less than 2 months but since my ex boyfriend dumped me he has gone between, not wanting to talk at all, wanting to be fuck buddies, & wanting to be platonic friends... out of those 3 things his actions have matched platonic friends most. whenever it came time to actually cut me off he would call and say he doesn't want me completely out of his life but that we can never be together again.

I don't know what to do i still love him and want to be with him & if i knew for sure that being his friend could lead to reconciliation i'd do it. but he calls me "bestie" & it makes me feel sick.

i just dont want to spend the next ouple months being his friend to hear him say he has a gf... i have good men interested in me right now but i have no interest in them.. i dont want to sleep with them or anything because im scared my ex will one day say we can try and & will've ruined everything... he'd never tell me not to he'd say do whatever i want...

I don't know if im wasting time because we may eventually have to cut each other off anyway.. or if i should try to be his friend..

01