Is it possible and logical to get back long distance boyfriend back?

Hi everyone. We broke up due to distance with good terms. We talked two or three times since breakup for birthday purposes. Apart from that, we never talked. We had dated a year before going for long distance. So we know each other individually. It has been almost a year since we broke up. After bu, we had 2 months of no contact and then I initiated all the little talks (3 times) and he was texting right away and nicely. But stillI I feel like he is over me totally and does not want to talk to me anymore (all made up in my mind). So I am afraid to humiliate myself by writing him. I am actually over him I can live without him. However, I do want to talk to him again (suddenly yesterday I started wondering what he is doing I don't know why) and start some things again since I might be moving to his country (not because of him just a job opportunity as an international career) next May. But I do not know if it is a great idea to start talking. Last time we talked I felt like he is forcing himself to be friendly. (Well you never know how the feelings are over the messages or emails. But still it was my intuition.) I am not sure if he has a girlfriend but from our only common friend that I am still talking to, I understood he does not have one and he moved out from his flat to move with friends cuz he doesn't wanna live alone anymore. I deleted him from all social networks and changed my Whatsapp number not to communicate until I move on, so I don't know what is going on in his life since the first day we broke up.

So my question is: is one year (around 10 months) too long to send him an email to talk to him? What should I write him? Would it be bothering him? Is friendship just stupid since we already have distance and who needs a distant friend? What should I do? Why did I suddenly start missing him dearly when I did not even remember him for about 5-6 months (since the last talk)? is it because i am going through a stressful period?

01