An ex is threatening to commit suicide due to my new boyfriend?

So I was in an on/off relationship with a guy for almost a year now. And I decided to end it the last time due to neither of us being fully happy in our regular lives. During that time I found a new guy who made me super happy. Well, now my ex is threatening to off himself due to my new boyfriend. He keeps telling me that I don't need him anymore so he should die. I feel horrible and I don't know what to do?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• OK a couple of things:

1) he is trying to make you feel guilty. That is silly. It didn't work out, that happens. You told him an moved on. So don't feel guilty.
    2) the real issue is... is he serious or not. PROBABLY not but you do not know. And there have been people who do things like that before. So it seems like you have a couple of options. You can either tell him he needs to go see someone and you are willing to help him do that if he wants. Or you can tell his parents or someone that knows him. It is probably going to piss him of, but if he really needs help it is better to do it than to see something bad happens... and if he is full of it, then he is going to back off.

I hope it works out.

• ^ I'd probably agree most with this gentleman's answer.

• I told his friend, I wish I could contact his parents but I have no way to

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt he will actually kill himself.
    He's trying to have control over you so he can have his cup of tea.
    Don't let him control you, he will grow stronger and move on eventually.