An ex is threatening to commit suicide due to my new boyfriend?

So I was in an on/off relationship with a guy for almost a year now. And I decided to end it the last time due to neither of us being fully happy in our regular lives. During that time I found a new guy who made me super happy. Well, now my ex is threatening to off himself due to my new boyfriend. He keeps telling me that I don't need him anymore so he should die. I feel horrible and I don't know what to do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• OK a couple of things:

1) he is trying to make you feel guilty. That is silly. It didn't work out, that happens. You told him an moved on. So don't feel guilty.
    2) the real issue is... is he serious or not. PROBABLY not but you do not know. And there have been people who do things like that before. So it seems like you have a couple of options. You can either tell him he needs to go see someone and you are willing to help him do that if he wants. Or you can tell his parents or someone that knows him. It is probably going to piss him of, but if he really needs help it is better to do it than to see something bad happens... and if he is full of it, then he is going to back off.

I hope it works out.

0|2
    0|0
    • ^ I'd probably agree most with this gentleman's answer.

• I told his friend, I wish I could contact his parents but I have no way to

Most Helpful Girl

• I doubt he will actually kill himself.
    He's trying to have control over you so he can have his cup of tea.
    Don't let him control you, he will grow stronger and move on eventually.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It is almost totally unlikely that he will actually commit suicide. People who actually want to commit suicide tend to keep it a secret, so that they don't get caught. Your ex is just an attention-seeker.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to report it or tell someone close to him, he is probably full of shit but if he actually does try something you will not be happy that you didn't speak up. :(. Sorry your in that situation

0|2
    0|0
  • Do not feel horrible. Ignore your ex, who is clearly mentally unstable and a whining bitch.
    Consider yourself fortunate to be apart from him. Imagine a lifetime of that shit.

0|1
    0|1
  • No reason not to take his threats seriously. If he is legitimately depressed, he would've latched on to something else regardless of whether or not you broke up with him. Get help.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ignore it, his life is NOT your responsibility.

0|1
    0|0
  • He is manipulating you. Be strong and leave him be.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Do not meet him alone. I would contact his parents, his friends or better yet the authorities to tell them what is going on. If he is willing to off himself you better believe he would be willing to kill you too. Please be safe.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depending on your state, you can have him temporarily admitted to a mental hospital.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes