Do you keep any old pictures, texts, or phone numbers of your ex's?

Do you still have any old pictures or texts from your ex's that you don't even look at, but you keep just to have them? I wanted to get rid of her completely out of my life not because it ended badly just because it hurts thinking about her sometimes. I recently unfollowed her on Instagram and Snapchat cuz I didn't want to see any pictures or videos of her. But I still have our old texts, a picture of us, and her phone number. I know I'll never look at them or contact her ever again, but I just wanted to hang on to them.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I hold on to things- they reflect a part of my life and destroying pictures doesn't change that. However, sometimes it's best to lock those things away until you are in a place where you can view them without the hurt you're associating with it now.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe you just want to keep them because in someway she did effect your life and you don't necessarily want to let go of all the memories you had together because she was a part of your life. I still have my ex's numbers in my phone, I won't ever call or text them but they are there.

• With my ex's except the very recent one, i talk on regular basis and we are friends and seeing our photos dont bother me.

With my recent ex, BU hurt me so much so I didn't let myself feel bad by looking at photos gifts messages emails etc. Even if i forced myself not to. So after couple days of BU i immediately deleted everything including his phone number, Facebook (at the time I had it), gaming accounts, Skype, Whatsapp, KKTLK, shared file on Dropbox.. Everything simply. Thou I keep the photos somewhere in my sister's cloud account and i can't access to hers since I dont know the password. My aim is not to completely forget him. He is part of my life and how my personality shapes so i dint want to delete two years from my memory by deleting photos.. Rather give them to someone else so they can protect them until you feel you are ready to be able to look at them without pain.

• Yes, I still keep good ending as friend. However, it is not that easy to keep in touch with them. Since I wanna move on. Therefore, I don't hang out with my ex.

What Guys Said 1

• Just one. Held on to some emails for a while but had to let them go. Just writing these few line brings back the pain. Sorry.