My ex is playing games with me. I want to be friends. So, should I play back?

So, my ex and I were together a year and on-and-off friends with benefits for 2 years after that. It has been a year since I've heard from him. He started stalking my insta. But I can tell he wants himself to be known because he likes a picture or two every now and then. We do not follow each other. So, I know he searched me. He called me once, and didn't say a word. I don't know if he just wanted to hear me, or if he was checking that i still have the same number? He's always played these stupid games with me, but I care about him. We were best friends before we got together, and I know we'll never go back to the way things were.. But I would like it if we could be friends again. What should I do? Thank you for your answers!

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I would just state that you only want to be friends and nothing more. If he's down for that, he'll go along with it. If he's not, he should stop contacting you.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't' need to play along he's your ex, exes don't deserve to be friends with each other. He is your ex for a reason move on.