Why do guys break up with girls and then want to get back together months even years later?

My ex boyfriend dumped me about 2 years ago. Although he dumped me I felt the breakup was mutual because I wasn't really hurt by it. A week after he dumped me he wanted to get back but I told him it was better we remained friends. He was cool with that and it seemed that way for a while. Within the last two years we have stopped talking for some brief periods and then he will initiate interaction with me again. So here we are again, talking to each other after a brief period of not communicating. Why do guys do this? I haven't dated anyone since him and I know he hasn't seen anyone else either. I know he wants to get back with me but sadly I can't say the same about wanting to get back with him

43

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to truly get around someone who had such a big part in your life- even if you meet a 'perfect' person after and they don't work out... You'll want to know how things might have been different with the ex