Do I need to give him an explanation as to why we don't speak anymore?

This guy and I used to speak for months, however he would constantly talk about himself. He told me he liked me and we spoke everyday. He would tell me stories that weren't even true, I KNEW that he lied about many of the stories he told me. For months, he would talk about other girls that wanted him etc and once he practically told me on the phone that he would sleep with some of them if he wanted to, and it got to a point where I told him to stop. Once when we were speaking, disciplining children came up in the conversation and he basically said 'I don't care, if my child is acting up and is about 5 and if the child won't listen to me if I try and talk to him, I'd whip him'. That's just an example. Anyway now that we have stopped speaking, I've noticed he's liked girls photos on social media and I've gone to the girls photos and he's commented on them flirting, he didn't really do that before because I'm sure he didn't want me to see. However, now that he's doing it because we've stopped speaking, shows his true character right? And should I tell him why I've stopped speaking to him or will it create drama?
2
2