Getting over someone you were in love with?

how the fuck do you get over a guy who was your first and only love? we broke up a couple weeks ago and i have had like 6 different dates and a ton of other hot guys texting me but i can't get over him. i dont want to but i know i have to because i think he has. it also doesn't help that i see him in the gym all the time and we have conversations like its normal. i know this is lame but i also cry all the damn time whenevr his name is mentioned and i like never cry. help

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I'm having a lot of trouble myself...

This girl just has me all messed up because I just can't get over her... She constantly says we might get back together, says she loves me, but she's with another guy at the same time.

Don't do what I do. Try to break contact as much as you can. It's just hard to hide feelings when you care about someone so much & they are always on your mind. Being around them & talking to them less can help. Even tho I won't listen to my own advice lol...

Most Helpful Girl

• I will admit that it is hard to get over a first love. My ex was my first love and the first person I fell in love with. After I realized what a player he was a cheater he was indeed. It takes time, you don't just fall out of love with someone in a day. It took me about 5-8 to get over my ex and fall out of love with him. It isn't an easy process I must say, but it was worth it. Especially for how he treated me, he used me, cheated on me, lied to me, flirted with other women, never made time for me, told me to go to hell, etc. Its like having a broken leg for a couple of days or even a couple of months. Do not stay in contact with him, if he goes to your school or whatever act like he doesn't exist. That's what I do and it works like a charm for me. Try to distract yourself too and talk to other people. I got over my ex it just took a lot of time, but it was worth it. You have to keep your head up and keep walking and don't let your tiara fall. Break off all contact with him, delete him from any social networks, delete his number as well. I catch my ex staring me every now and then because we go to the same high school but then again I just act like he doesn't exist. You have to distract yourself, it will take time to get him out of your head. But trust me he'll get out of your head.